Medscheme Walkerville mtb

steve

I don't know what anyone else thought, but I thought it was a brilliant event.

The route was nice, the venue was great and it was well organised ........ one of the best mtb events I've experienced.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would of enjoyed it more if my heart didnt feel like it wanted to burst...But yes very nice race I came 15th on the 35km Yippy.... So where do we find our times?

They announced that results will be posted on www.totalindex.co.za during the week ......... there's a link to it from the website and they also had them on a notice board at the finish

steve2007-07-15 09:07:45

Yep, that was a fantastic race. I used it as a training ride and it had everything (steep climbs, technical downhills and lots of single track). Pity it was a little bit shorter than advertised (62.5km vs 70km) I'll be back next year.

Have to agree re the organisation and venue. I did the old race and never enjoyed the start venue.

The route was also very challenging. I recorded about 950 metres of climbing.

I have carried sram power links for awhile now and never needed them. Today a young Harmony rider broke his chain just before the big climb so  I gave him my links. A couple of hours later my friend broke her chain. We bribed Dirt Rider with the promise of a beer if he helped us fit her sram power links.

Maybe now I should go to a bike shop and get taught how to fit these links.

I worked reasonably hard today. My average HR was 77% of max and I hit 88% on the climb to the mast.

We have posted some photos on Totalindex, please feel free to go and have a look.

Results will be available shortly. We will inform you when they are available and where to find them.

Supervan2007-07-15 12:32:47

Very nice- Good race, well organised and lekker, baie lekker - Even though the antibiotix whipped me 6-0 !!! Vincent2007-07-15 12:35:06

talking about heartrates my avg was 172 and max 226 we climbed 472m in the 35km race

Some of my TCS peeps:

http://www.totalindex.co.za/walkerville2007/pic6.JPG

Middle - Cruxpearl, Beee, Photo Fairy (brown camelback), me right in front of her and nochain

real nice course! enjoyed it! would've enjoyed it more had i not stripped the bolt on my seatpost! only did the 35 as my nine-year-old was supposed to give it a go, but he came down with the flu. pity the farmers would "shoot us" if we did the course any other weekend.

I stop for beer !

The long race had everything . Nice climbs , awesome downhills and great fast flowing single tracks . The one or two jump next to the fence also made for great fun .

Me and Big Ben started of together but I wanted to get a bit closer to the front to ensure a clear track on the downhill . The downhill on the other side of the tower was fairly open when I got there and I only had to take the route lest travelled once to pass a few carefull riders . While helping fixing the chain BigBen came flying past us and did not even stop to chat a bit !!!

Did not see to many of the 20 hubbers there but did meet Holy Roller and introduced myself to Crux , but I could not chat with him for two long since I know people checked me out and I can not be seen mixing with the roadies for to long ! Well done to Bored Girl who took 4th in her Cat . She should have taken the 3rd spot but from what I have heard her support team (Daemon and Mini DR) could not sort out her gearing and she was stuck in the small blade most of the race !

Enjoyed the race (any MTB race i do where i dont crash i enjoy), ended up doing the 35. Found the route not too technical, with a few longish climbs and thrilling rocky downhills. Lost about 5 min due to slow puncture, but after pumping it up twice it stayed hard for the remainder of the race.

Good organization and venue, will definteley be back.

I think this is my rear end

20070716_000203_pic3.jpg

Well done to Bored Girl who took 4th in her Cat . 

i second that! she told me bfore that she was gonna be super-fast. and she was! she came flying past me after about 2kaysClapClapClapClapClap 

oh, and nice meeting you dr
holy roller2007-07-16 00:26:51

Hi every one,  Was a nice RACE !!!! -  sorry no experience.

I`ve got  the evidence with my right knee.  Donate skin and blood but,   hey its MTB. Were my second one there and will be back . 

To the Hubbers I met and those I MISSED, next time maybe, nice to meet you .

It was a great race!!!!

ClapClapClapClapClap ClapClapClap 

Enjoyed it immensely

Thanks Mrs. Rash!!! was cool to babysit your ass!!!!

Will Most certainly be back next year, and then tackle the 70 km route!!!!

Well done Kakaa!!!! 8th Overall in 70 km.... Not bad for a Roadie!!!!