Weight Weenie's early bday pressie...

Weight Weenie

Despite the light weight' date=' my wallet is still heavy, cost me about R4200 less than in SA.? Cheaper than stans site or CRC ;) [/quote'] My wallet would be defying gravity if I had those smiley36.gif

?

Just to illustrate - Hot Spot cycles?want R10 500, I payed R 6100 with shipping and?paypal fees?and then about R140 vat/duty/handling fees as it was marked as a $ 100 gift.

So let me understand, you go on an open forum and brag how you and your supplier knowingly and willingly defrauded the South African Revenue Service? You should be ashamed of yourself! Duties are there for a reason and we are legally bound to pay them. With CRC all items are declared and at least VAT is payable. It's people like you who cause the rest of us to suffer when our goods are delayed by customs and extra duties are levied. Do the right thing and sort this out, I have no respect for you, Karma will find you! What kind of stupid person admits an illegal act in a forum like this?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of stupid person admits an illegal act in a forum like this?

smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif

A young and immature person who really feels the need to brag.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but alas, we will be stomped on.

It's a South African perception that if you can get away with something illegal you obtain bragging rights. Our whole cabinet and the ruling party is founded on that principle.

Despite the light weight' date=' my wallet is still heavy, cost me about R4200 less than in SA.  Cheaper than stans site or CRC ;) [/quote']

My wallet would be defying gravity if I had those smiley36.gif

Just to illustrate - Hot Spot cycles want R10 500, I payed R 6100 with shipping and paypal fees and then about R140 vat/duty/handling fees as it was marked as a $ 100 gift.

Sure my friends at SARS Anti smuggling unit will be interested in this ?

Minimum of R5000 in forfeiture and penaltys

Despite the light weight' date=' my wallet is still heavy, cost me about R4200 less than in SA.  Cheaper than stans site or CRC ;) [/quote'] My wallet would be defying gravity if I had those smiley36.gif

Just to illustrate - Hot Spot cycles want R10 500, I payed R 6100 with shipping and paypal fees and then about R140 vat/duty/handling fees as it was marked as a $ 100 gift.

So let me understand, you go on an open forum and brag how you and your supplier knowingly and willingly defrauded the South African Revenue Service? You should be ashamed of yourself! Duties are there for a reason and we are legally bound to pay them. With CRC all items are declared and at least VAT is payable. It's people like you who cause the rest of us to suffer when our goods are delayed by customs and extra duties are levied. Do the right thing and sort this out, I have no respect for you, Karma will find you! What kind of stupid person admits an illegal act in a forum like this?

Jeepers Mackie are you being serious?  The Guy shows us his new wheels and you declare war on anyone who fails to pay their taxes.  We as South Africans pay enough with our high taxes and interest rates.  Who cares if you can sneak a wheel set through with out paying the required taxes.  Id better not say anything about the Mountain Kings that are coming from the UK in someones luggage!

Hey WW the wheels look great enjoy. 

Despite the light weight' date=' my wallet is still heavy, cost me about R4200 less than in SA.  Cheaper than stans site or CRC ;) [/quote'] My wallet would be defying gravity if I had those smiley36.gif

Jeepers Mackie are you being serious?  The Guy shows us his new wheels and you declare war on anyone who fails to pay their taxes.  We as South Africans pay enough with our high taxes and interest rates.  Who cares if you can sneak a wheel set through with out paying the required taxes.  Id better not say anything about the Mountain Kings that are coming from the UK in someones luggage!

Hey WW the wheels look great enjoy. 
You are exactly the epitomy of whats wrong with this country, acceptance of this sort of behaviour, it is not the amount nor the item it is the fact that it is steeling and illegal. So congratulations on being such a fantastic role model for the young folk. If this is ok in your books, then my friend you have bigger problems than me dissing this sort of behaviour. Hope you don't have kids, being such a great role model and all!

I have been trying to not say this all day but I can't not:

Mackie, get out on your bike and find a sense of humour.

Yes, WW is dodging the system - do you think it doesn't happen in the most law abiding nations.

This is not the first topic you've had a SERIOUS sense of humour failure on.  Deal with it.

Mac/Ngala/Philip I see your point on the legal issues and cannot argue with you there. 

Dangle does not like me so i'm not going to comment there Hug

I was excited (and still am) about my new wheels and the fact that I did not have to buy it locally and get shafted with high markups, thats why I posted.  

The supplier offered to mark the goods as a gift at a lower value and really I was not going to tell him to mark it at a higher value.  I saw no reason to pay more if I don't have to.  That's all there is to it.

oh and thanks to those that atleast made a positive comment, seems I'm always in the dwang.  People like making mountains of molehills here.

Mac/Ngala/Philip I see your point on the legal issues?and cannot argue with you there.?

?

Dangle does not like me so i'm not going to comment there Hug

?

I was excited (and still am) about my new wheels and the fact that I did not have to buy it locally and get shafted with high markups' date=' thats why I posted. ?

?

The supplier offered to mark the goods as?a gift at a lower value?and really I was not going to tell him to mark it at a higher value.? I saw no reason to pay more if I don't have to.??That's all there is to it.

?

oh and thanks to those that atleast made a positive comment, seems I'm always in the dwang.?People like making mountains of molehills here .
[/quote']

Well at least you can fly up the mountains with those wheels! smiley36.gif

Guest Big H
It's a South African perception that if you can get away with something illegal you obtain bragging rights. Our whole cabinet and the ruling party is founded on that principle.

Philip kom bly in Nigeria!!!!!

Guest Big H

Feel free to use these..... you qualify to get them without a prescription..... as well as the rest of the dumb clucks!!!!!!!

The anal pills should do the job well!!!!!

20100421_004009_stupidity-medic.jpg

Ag please what a bunch of hypocrites. EVERYBODYS hopes and prays that their packages makes it through customs undetected so they can save a few bucks. Who does not sneak in a clothing piece among the spares and hope they don't pick it up.

Anyway WW, nice wheels.

get shafted with high markups

And it's the stupid comments such as these that makes me detest you even more , then there is the fact that you have the goods and no results and also the fact that one day you will find out that weight weenies are posers and that real cyclist will ride any bike hard.

FWIW-It was your comment as quoted here that caused me to have this very violent and bone shaking outburst.

Mackie, I agree with you on this thread and let those who want to hand out the whip have their fun, one less criminal activity a day will go a long way in improving life as we know it.

Re: WW, get yourself some bearings, quickly if you intend on riding those wheels as "hard" as you suggest.

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

BigH

For anal pills with no coating, well yes let's just say it's gonna hurt.

Another post on some nice kit thats ended up all personal. Yes the fact that WW got some great wheels( so I am told, to me they could be from Makro!) and saved a few bucks is not right, but be honest we all have done it. More concerning is the amount of aggression.

Slow down, remember the minute you log onto the Hub it's supposed to be to catch up with some "friends" and read some posts about the sport you love, not attack one another.