Are they as reliable.....

If you saw the sheer number of Specialized bikes at Epic and stage races then you would see how these failures stack up...

In percentage terms it's probably fair.

Any frame can break, nobody make them indestructible and light.

I ride a spec Carbon Stumpy, and have heard about the problems with the Epic frames cracking. I haven't seen stats, but I am sure these brake more often than other makes (higher %). Having said that, two of my friends ride GT Zaskar carbons, and both have cracked in less than a year. Nice thing though, is that you get a new bike every now and again. Just hope it does not break in the middle of a stage race!!

i think what it comes down too.. are you going to pay more for a frame that you have to handle with kid gloves, but have it ultra light, or have a heavier cheaper frame that you can hammer around a track.

Morewood does !!!!

Indestructable AND Light?

Oh yes!!!

My Zula wieghs more or less what those bikes does but it won't break!!!!Evil%20Smile

I ride a spec Carbon Stumpy' date=' and have heard about the problems with the Epic frames cracking. I haven't seen stats, but I am sure these brake more often than other makes (higher %). Having said that, two of my friends ride GT Zaskar carbons, and both have cracked in less than a year. Nice thing though, is that you get a new bike every now and again. Just hope it does not break in the middle of a stage race!![/quote']

Ja i dunno what the thing with the gt's, my 08 frame had a 'cometic crack' and the new 08 one I have also has it, but to be honest I dont care, it works fine and I dont pamper it btw, it does get ridden hard.  Insurance must take care of the rest...

And people always (understandibly) say carbon will not last on a mtb, which I want some clarity on.  Yes if you go down in a rock garden it may get damaged, but how much does that really happen ? Alu and carbon can both develop cracks from riding, dont think one has an advantage over the other there.

Morewood does !!!!

Indestructable AND Light?

Oh yes!!!

My Zula wieghs more or less what those bikes does but it won't break!!!!Evil%20Smile

Hmm so how did u achieve that?

My Zula is a shade over 11kgs, not sure what a high end Carbon dual susser weighs but i'm its less than the Zula.

Still I like the indestructable part LOL