Rasmussen out

Groot Lem

According to cyclingnews.com he wont start the next stage. Vok my!!! And the sport.

Yellow jersey, Evans and Contador!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yesYellow jersey wearer Michael Rasmussen was sensationally kicked out of the Tour de France by his own Rabobank team, the Dutch outfit revealed on Wednesday.

The Dane had seemingly weathered the storm over missing four out of competition dope tests in the past 18 months and had won Wednesday's stage to all but seal overall victroy.

However the team has learnt that Rasmussen lied to them over where and what he was up to during the month of June when he was in fact in Italy and not in Mexico as he had told them.

Rasmussen had won two stages during the Tour, though, his presence at the race was questioned by several officials and from the race organisers as well.

top.DisplayAds('SquarLAV',12,185);

< =1.1 ="http://adsrv.iol.co.za/adz/getAd.php?ord=996823655&pos=SquarLAV&site=12&section=185&undefined">

His departure leaves young Spaniard Alberto Contador in the lead with Australian Cadel Evans in second.

Rabobank haalt Rasmussen uit Tour

Klassementsleider Michael Rasmussen is woensdagavond door de

directie van de Rabo-wielerploeg uit de Ronde van Frankrijk gehaald. De

Deen zou de interne regels van de Nederlandse wielerformatie hebben

overtreden.http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlnieuws/)/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/2007/07_juli/25/buitenland/0725_2300_rasmussen_uit_tour.xml

epoh2007-07-25 16:33:48

Couldnt happen to a freakier chicken!

Glad I'm alive to see it!.

Cant wait for l'Equipe to pluck him bare, feather by feather tomorrow, in detail.

OK, Im tired.  I'm going to go to bed and cry myself to sleep now... CryOuchAngryConfused

Will read the obituaries tomorrow when I have the strength...
Willehond2007-07-25 16:41:58

On Sky News as well.... aparrently pulled because he was spotted in Italy during the time he was supposed to be in South America. TdF cross with UCI becuase they did not alert them due to his missed dope tests. Two missed equals a positive (????? I think that is what the news said)

Haha the first year I watch the TDF and every one is doping.

Get all excited watching the dual between Contador and Rasmussen and it's all a joke.

Wonder if there will be a TDF next year.

Can't believe this. Have just got up to quench the hangover thirst and checked the interactive news.

Tour de farce. Its been such a great spectacle to date as its been so unpredicatable "drug free". Now Astana and Cofidis are gone. The same lab are still leaking doping details to lequippe. The administrators are still useless. The yellow jersey is jinxed man.

So whats different from last year. Not much.  The whole thing sucks. So should the Tour go on? I hope so. I hope that the Tour is bigger than the transgressors. I hope I go back to sleep now and when I wake up I won't have a hangover, my wife will look at me with loving eyes(yeah), I will remember where I had dinner last night and this will just be another bad dream.

At least Wim Vansevenant has a good chance of winning the lantern rouge two years running. Go Wim. Jou doring.

jimmyb, unlike you, i did wake up with a hangover! was a bit annoyed that my weekend getaway to botswana would keep me away from watching the tour. no i don't really care