Cannondale Scalpel - Yes/No

Renrew

Probably best to check out the official Cannondale website. Take some time to read through everything. At least then you'll know everything about the different models...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably best to check out the official Cannondale website. Take some time to read through everything. At least then you'll know everything about the different models...

Sure - I have done that though.

Just need to know which model is suited for which type of riding from Scalpel,RZ, RIze and Rush. I understand there are components specification differences between each class obviously (Ihe Scalpel TEAM is higher spec'd than Carbon 1) but just need to know differences between classes. IE is the Scalpel a more racer Cross Country bike and the Rush an Intermediate bike aimed at lower maintenance but longer travel suspension for trail riding etc... smiley5.gif

I would think that I need to try and go for the Scalpel...

One feature ithat the Scapel model generally has is carbon chainstays as its swingarm, which pivots on an area that is pinched flat. There is no mechanical pivot so its not made for big travel on the rear, more for trail riding and I would venture to say cross country but eish the terminology gets a bit slippery ... ?Scapels also have Lefties up front, but other models do as well.?

kosmonooit2010-05-28 12:41:20

You need Golefty to answer some of those questions - he is a past Rush rider and current and previous Scalpel rider .

AFAIK  the Rize is more of a trail bike with either 120 or 140 mm travel and a pivot not bendy chain stays provide suspension travel. The Rush is a straightforward mono-pivot much like a Zula and also more of a trail bike than racer. The Lefty fork is afeature of 'dales butr not all are specced with it - some have conventional forks.

http://www.cube-bike.co.za/images/stories/AMS/HPC/ams-hpc-team.jpg

and the price would be?