Tour de France Prize money

nochain

But look at it this way if the guys were honest and didnt dope in a idealistic world . The Purse would be alot bigger! they dont test the Tennis players 120 times do they ?

But look at it this way if the guys were honest and didnt dope in a idealistic world . The Purse would be alot bigger! they dont test the Tennis players 120 times do they ?

a) The prize fund has nothing to do with whether athletes dope or not. It has to do with market share and market value.

b) Just because  you don't hear of other athletes failing doping tests doesn't mean they're not tested......

This is what the papers do, they make a big song and dance about a topic and people follow like sheep.

According to most people in the world now, only cyclists dope............more like the other sports just keep quiet. Cycling gets all the bad publicity so why even mentione any failed doping test in other sports.

Where are the names of the other 165 sportsmen / women in the Puerto case for starters ?

It's all bullsh*t...anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out that doping extends to ALL sports and NOT only the Professional versions either.

You go tell someone that golfers use HGH and they will laugh at you. It's all kept very quiet for the sake of the sports' image.

Ok point A i was probably wrong !

Point B i claimed nothing remotely that they didnt get tested! Cycling tests far more than other sports.

In a perfect world all Drugs never existed. More sponsors would be attracted which = more prize money.

No drug tests = less expenses

So if your income is greater and your expenses are less you could afford to offer more prize money !

Did you know that in professional bodybuilding there is no dope testing? They realized its pointless to try test the guys, so its basically about whoever has the best chemist

Agreed! Its just that there are more tests in athletics and cycling!

Football players as well as Rugby players are among the biggest dopers in the world! Cocaine anyone? Rugby players are huge on crack! I could mention names!

It is sad that the prize money is driven by capitalism, and not by how hard the athletes work.

I wonder what ironman prize money is like, which is also a very hard event?

It is sad that the prize money is driven by capitalism' date=' and not by how hard the athletes work.

I wonder what ironman prize money is like, which is also a very hard event?
[/quote']

As far as i know the Prize Money for first place is $50 000 US (not Zim) and is not shared between a huge team.