Hobbies

casci

Dancing...

The wife said I can do the cycling thing as long as we did something together - so I asked her if she wanted to take up dancing lessons hoping that she would say "no", knowing that I hated it with a passion.

Almost six months later, and I'm king of the dance floor, and having the time of my life - excuse the pun. 

Golf, when not on the bike
Frosty2007-08-15 07:07:46

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mountaineering, maps (electronic & paper), GPS, DIY (bought a house last year; agent said it  needed a little bit of work...) & computers.

Mountaineering' date=' maps (electronic & paper), GPS, DIY (bought a house last year; agent said it  needed a little bit of work...) & computers.

[/quote']

Maps/ charts and GPS navigation/ positioning are my job..so I don't call it a hobbie but I enjoy working with them as well.

Oiltrash2007-08-15 07:11:34

Mountaineering' date=' maps (electronic & paper), GPS, DIY (bought a house last year; agent said it  needed a little bit of work...) & computers.

[/quote']

As long as you do all the work that "the agent" talked about. Twenty five years ago the agent said the same to us and with two kids at school and their study fees we never got to it. Since we moved to Moxzambique and now Nigeria two and a half years ago, we have been using the rent for repairs. The chances that I will ever move back into that house is remote, but the value is increasing all the time. Stick to your "newfound" hobby!!!!!!

Like moutain lion, DIY kind of becomes a hobby.... I hate swimming pools... and chlorinators... and the pool guy at game who knows nothing... and all of this so that Copman and nochain can get motherless in my pool!? I'm depressed....

Dancing...

The wife said I can do the cycling thing as long as we did something together - so I asked her if she wanted to take up dancing lessons hoping that she would say "no", knowing that I hated it with a passion.

Almost six months later, and I'm king of the dance floor, and having the time of my life - excuse the pun. 

A good waltz is always great fun , just know that if you can't waltz you can't dance.  Love a rumbe and a sumba and the cha cha

And of COURSE playing with TWEETY, that should definitely be classified as a hobby, because it also costs you money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me cycling is a hobby...hobbies are things you do because you enjoy them without needing to be particularly good at it...so that makes:

Road cycling

MTB

Track cycling

Falling off bicycles (I'm quite good at that)

Tennis

Playing the guitar (I'm exceptionally bad a that)

Drinking red wine (beer is way past being a hobby)

Occasionally golf

Flyfishing (used to be a passion, can't seem to find time these days)

Mountain biking trail riding

Road racing

Road Touring

Mountain bike touring

Kermesse

Urban Racing

Riding training rides with the girls

Coffee-shop rides

Training rides with the gang

Dancing...

The wife said I can do the cycling thing as long as we did something together - so I asked her if she wanted to take up dancing lessons hoping that she would say "no"' date=' knowing that I hated it with a passion.

A good waltz is always great fun , just know that if you can't waltz you can't dance.  Love a rumbe and a sumba and the cha cha
[/quote']

The West Coast Swing is a favourite - as your partner comes close to you, you get to push her away, and as she comes back again, you keep pushing her away.

BBi' date=' when you say restoring old motorcycles what exactly do you mean?

(just good to know who i know in case i ever need help with anything)
[/quote']

Just a hobby to me, love off-road bikes.

- busy with a CR500 1984 at the moment

- have done a XT500 and a KDX previously

My study is full of old pedal bikes and my garage the motor bikes. Love old pedal / motor bikes - just cannot get rid of them.

And you? What do you ride.

BBi, i've got myself a CBR400 to learn on, but with the way i feel about speed and with how "everywhere" teh spietkops are i was thinking that maybe when i'm done learning and trust myself to not drop it much then i might rather just fix it up and keep it permanently... so by then it might need attention (i've already had to do the touch-up-paint thing Embarrassed)

also useful to know who to aks if any of my TB buddies needs help Wink

as to your study - a buddy of mine has an entire workshop in his garage - why he needs about 10 sets of wheels for his lightspeed is beyond me, let alone all the other stuff - spare frames, saddles, seat posts, you name it! but he only rides his litespeed

[/quote']

As long as you do all the work that "the agent" talked about.

Agent did not talk about anything specific, they never do!

But it was not difficult to draw up my own list...

Progressing well and most of the critical work was done before winter.

Slowed down a bit with it being winter and MTB season... Wink

[/quote']

Maps/ charts and GPS navigation/ positioning are my job..so I don't call it a hobbie but I enjoy working with them as well.

Well I guess I should have left computers of my list then...

Although a computer is just a tool and what I do at home is very different from what I do at work.