State of the hub

fandacious

And did I tell you, I narrowly missed selection into the 1984 far far north east natal unicycle team?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So you know what you are talking about.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So you know what you are talking about.

Without a doubt! However, if it was not for these threads, I might not have realized that this years tour had started.

I will admit that doping is (most probably) rife in the peleton, however, I do not believe that absolutely every single rider in the peleton dope. Where I still disagree with you is your statement of "It's impossible to complete the Tour without doping."

My cycling experience is very limited. I've raced league a couple of times and a few other big name rides. I in no way consider my self even close to the same level as the pro's

The level that I have raced at is no where even near euro pro league, and even so, it is insanely difficult. coughing blood is no joke. And even so, I wouldnt last 1 stage of the TDF.

A natural conclusion (and this is corrorborated by other sources) is that there is no way you can ride 2000 miles in 19 days, at the speed they do without drugs. Its not humanly possible

Hipster, just what I was trying to say the last few days.

Sadly we keep entertaining fallacious oops sorry fandacious.

My guess is that every time this kid looks in to the mirror he gets a boner, logs on to the hub and sees that all attention is off him, he then subsequently starts these dumb threads so we can tell him how awesome he is.

He might not see this, as one can supposedly block people.

FanD

This is for you.

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs48/300W/f/2009/194/2/3/Mr__Awesome_face_lol_XD__D_by_Cookietotheminimum.png

...Fantastic..ious, just had one heck of a Laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My cycling experience is very limited. I've raced league a couple of times and a few other big name rides. I in no way consider my self even close to the same level as the pro's

The level that I have raced at is no where even near euro pro league, and even so, it is insanely difficult. coughing blood is no joke. And even so, I wouldnt last 1 stage of the TDF.

A natural conclusion (and this is corrorborated by other sources) is that there is no way you can ride 2000 miles in 19 days, at the speed they do without drugs. Its not humanly possible

I hear you Fand. My thinking is just that these guys are the best cyclists in the world. They do this for a living, day in and day out. It's all they do. Surely if you spend 8 hours a day (everyday of your life) in the saddle this becomes possible?

Also, a guy like Contador, for instance, would probably race 10% of the 2000 miles. The rest of the time he just sitting in the peleton. I'm not saying he's doing nothing for the other 90%, don't get me wrong, but that does take a lot of strain of him?

Don't you think it is at all possible if you are this talented and committed?

My thinking is just that these guys are the best cyclists in the world. They do this for a living, day in and day out. It's all they do. Surely if you spend 8 hours a day (everyday of your life) in the saddle this becomes possible?

It's their career, it's what they do for a living.

I must add that even at 8 hours a day, I would be nowhere near, ,y genetic make-up simply doesn't allow for this.

I hear you Fand. My thinking is just that these guys are the best cyclists in the world. They do this for a living, day in and day out. It's all they do. Surely if you spend 8 hours a day (everyday of your life) in the saddle this becomes possible?

Also, a guy like Contador, for instance, would probably race 10% of the 2000 miles. The rest of the time he just sitting in the peleton. I'm not saying he's doing nothing for the other 90%, don't get me wrong, but that does take a lot of strain of him?

Don't you think it is at all possible if you are this talented and committed?

it might be possible if you are talented and committed, but not at the levels, or speeds they do. Read up a bit on wikipedia on the history of the tour. until 30 years ago, drugs werent banned.

however, this year SEEMS cleaner, but that doesnt mean it is. The accepted "fine line" is 6.0w/kg up the climbs. In the past guys have pushed an AVG of 6.7-6.8w/kg. There is no way on Gods green earth you are climbing for 20 mins @ 6.7w/kg clean.

Some of the saxo bank power figures from yesterday show one of the riders with an avg of 6.0w/kg while he was driving the lead group up the climb, which might indicate a cleaner ride.

It's their career, it's what they do for a living.

I must add that even at 8 hours a day, I would be nowhere near, ,y genetic make-up simply doesn't allow for this.

I've got that exact same problem? Can you take something for it?

Also, consider this - Bjarne Riis is team director for saxo bank

do you think saxo ARE riding clean, given Bjarne's shady past?

I've got that exact same problem? Can you take something for it?

Even if we do, we will still be genetically challenged, either born wiff it or not.

post-182-015312500 1279651408.jpg

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/07/news/seven-time-tour-champ-launches-unsuccessful-bid-for-stage-win-from-the-gun_130262

Lance Armstrong’s bid for a stage win began before the stage even started.

Before going on an all-day attack on arguably the toughest stage of the 2010 Tour, Armstrong signed in early, and then went out for a warm-up with and teammates Chris Horner and Andreas Klöden on the course, which kicked up into a Cat. 1 climb literally at the race start. After a short neutral roll-out out of Luchen, the 0 KM sign signaling the start of the race was posted right next to the KOM sign signaling the start of the 11km Col de Peyresourde.

Armstrong clearly wanted to have the engine warmed up from the drop of the flag.

“This day was kinda dog-eared in the book,” Armstrong said, referring to the detailed 232-page race book all teams consult throughout the Tour.

After falling out of overall contention on stage 8 in the Alps, Armstrong was widely expected to go for a stage win in his final Tour de France. They only question was when.

Just minutes into stage 15, that question was answered as he shot up the road with Nicholas Roche (Ag2r), Egoi Martinez (Euskaltel-Euskadi) and a few others. The group soon swelled to 16 men, and the group of race leader Alberto Contador was pursuing so earnestly — firing riders out of the back like a machine gun — that at one point the “peloton” consisted of 14 men.

“I knew it was going to be difficult. I knew that a group was going to go away,” Armstrong said. “It was made more difficult because you had these guys like [Roman] Kreuziger (Liquigas) and [Ryder] Hesjedal (Garmin-Transitions) who are not GC contenders but they’re close enough the favorites didn’t want to let them go. It was full gas all day.”

Alexandre Vinokourov (Astana) and Carlos Sastre (Cervélo) also made their way into the break, dooming its chances.

The bulk of the break stayed away over the Cat. 1 Col d’Aspin and onto the slopes of the Col du Tourmalet before the peloton reeled it in.

Or reeled most of it in.

Sandy Casar (Française des Jeux) jumped clear, and Armstrong chased after him just as the rest of their break mates were being absorbed. Soon Casar blew and Armstrong was on his own. A second break formed behind and soon joined up with Armstrong. Together, the 10-man group rode over the Tourmalet.

In the preceeding stages, there had been much speculation about why Armstrong was sitting up in the closing kilometers — even on days like stage 12 that essentially finished in a group sprint. That conservation may or may not have allowed him to stay off the front of the race in multiple breaks over two Cat. 1 climbs and two hors categorie mountains. Armstrong wasn’t interested in settling the speculation — he was looking for a victory.

Hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans packed the roadside throughout the day.

“I gotta say, this entire Tour the fans have been really nice to me, and very supportive,” Armstrong said. “Today when [we] were out there in the break with the smaller group. They can get close to you, they can talk to you, you can talk back to them. I appreciate their support. They don’t have to come to the tour. They don’t have to fly from all over the world and come and stand by the side of the road, but they do, and I appreciate it.”

In the end, however, no amount of fan support or deep motivation was enough to deliver the win. After reeling in an attacking Carlos Barredo (Quick Step), the bunch finished in a sprint on the flat finish. Armstrong jumped from the back of the group and put his head down for the sprint, but didn’t have the kick necessary to come all the way around. Pierrick Fedrigo (Bouygues Telecom) won; Armstrong finished sixth.

“It’s been a while since I sprinted,” Armstrong said. “We knew Fedrigo was the fastest, and then Cunego. I tried to catch his wheel. Just not quick enough.”

Armstrong was quick to congratulate his teammate Chris Horner, who battled up to the second breakaway and did a good chunk of work chasing Barredo. Armstrong also tipped his hat to Fedrigo.

“I’m not the best guy in the race. But I still have the spirit of a fighter, I suppose,” Armstrong said. “I focused on the stage, tried to get in the moves. It didn’t work. I wasn’t fast enough in the end. Fedrigo was very fast and he earned the win. Chapeau to him.”

Armstrong and the rest of the peloton have four more chances for stage wins: an HC mountaintop finish on the Tourmalet Thursday, a flat sprint stage Friday, a time trial Saturday and then the ceremonial flat finish Sunday.

Also, consider this - Bjarne Riis is team director for saxo bank

do you think saxo ARE riding clean, given Bjarne's shady past?

Dude, what is it that you believe they are not testing for or not picking up in testing?

Dude, what is it that you believe they are not testing for or not picking up in testing?

i reckon they're not picking it up. look @ vino - can you honestly say he's clean? considering his shady past? and the fact that he's riding like a monster at the moment?

how has he not been busted??

It took LA 8 rest days to put in todays effort, and he still came 6th. how do the top guys do it every single day?

i reckon they're not picking it up. look @ vino - can you honestly say he's clean? considering his shady past? and the fact that he's riding like a monster at the moment?

It took LA 8 rest days to put in todays effort, and he still came 6th. how do the top guys do it every single day?

Personally I think there are more factors at play here than just doping, but I hear you. Vino is riding like a monster, but except for his stage win, he does his work and then drops back. Still, huge risk for a known doper to dope again... Could anyone be that brave/arrogant/stupid?

Dunno why Lance chose today to attack with such a long run in to the finish that doesn't really suit him...

Guest Big H

Remember LA is 42 years old!!!!!!