State of the hub

fandacious

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek wens Lance wil nou maar net uit die kas uit klim en admit hy dope...net sodat die topics met rus kan kom...

I am sure that lance checks the hub every evening to see whether or not his popularity is still up.

i tried to explain to dangle as well. Lance does not give a google about what we say or dont say (he has a PR team for that function).

But just because he doesnt care doesnt mean we should not talk about him.

Fand has a point, some people are blind followers. What I enjoy about some of the posts from "older hubber" who are people who know something about cycling is the insights. Lance has won 7 Tdf's (am I allowed to mention his name ? As I will never be on any start line for any race). Does the 7 wins make him great ? Not to me, because greatness means more than 7 TdF wins. Yes he beat cancer, but so do alot of other people, like a friend of ours who is a single mom. She beat cancer, and has to go back and raise her kids on her own. Now she is great!!

So Lance did something today, I say at at last he has does something. I just hope he keeps it up that he can humble himself and help others win (and some may say I am being silly expecting him to be humble - but lets see). And again - I dont think "he who must not be named" gives a crock of soft and smelly - but that should not stop us from talking about him.

oh yes - the reason why I like to talk about him with others is you learn a few things about the sport. SwissVans post is interesting. As is the link by Fand about power output and the human body. Its an eye opener as to why power meters are so important in the pro ranks.

As an aside - can you fiddle with a power meter to give you readings a % less than what they actually are ?

i tried to explain to dangle as well. Lance does not give a google about what we say or dont say (he has a PR team for that function).

I think you have the cat by the proverbial hairy balls, read Dangle's threads again and you will realize that you are just a mere echo of what he said.

I think you have the cat by the proverbial hairy balls, read Dangle's threads again and you will realize that you are just a mere echo of what he said.

no man dangle - you taking it out of context, you did say that lance doesnt give a hairy - and I agree - but that should not stop us taking about his exploits and reasons for doing things. Including if he did/did not dope, is/isnt a nice guy, etc etc.

no man dangle - you taking it out of context, you did say that lance doesnt give a hairy - and I agree - but that should not stop us taking about his exploits and reasons for doing things. Including if he did/did not dope, is/isnt a nice guy, etc etc.

morning your slowness... hows the little one today?

well actually, i'm not sure about lance not caring.

he does care. he cant handle *any* criticism.

while i doubt that he personally reads my tweets about his doping etc, i found out in the week that he had blocked me.

now why would he block me if he didnt care?

You probably became quite irritating, anal for a lack of better words.

Slowbee

I agree with you and I also agree that we are free to discuss things as such.

I have one small problem though, we are all speculating and we don't have real proof.

As I said in this thread.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/77493-lance-armstrong-brought-to-his-knees-by-unknown-entity/

"I also never claimed to be a huge fan of Armstrong, I am slowly becoming one, I must add.

This tour has shown me a true sportsman."

As for the seven tour wins, yes I agree it does not make him a great person but as someone who tries to be even just a little bit competitive, I have to say that I have some sort of feel how much effort it would have taken to achieve that (wiff or wiff out drugs) and that to me makes him a great cyclist.

well actually, i'm not sure about lance not caring.

he does care. he cant handle *any* criticism.

while i doubt that he personally reads my tweets about his doping etc, i found out in the week that he had blocked me.

So we gonna see a thread started by fand soon titled: "I'm being sued by Lance"?

So we gonna see a thread started by fand soon titled: "I'm being sued by Lance"?

hehe.. so he does care? :P