Which cervelo Frameset?

Spoon

Jason why you were you not at kyalami last night smileys/smiley15.gif I rode especially slow so you could keep up. smileys/smiley36.gif 

My choice would be the Soloist carbon

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

scotty, I had to go to my son's fathers day picnic from 15:00 - 17:00. I will be there tonight, but on the Trek... my training bike. So you were racing for nothing smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

Good luck trying to ride , tracks closed tonight smileys/smiley36.gif Will only reopen Monday as they have an outdoor expo on.

Oh yeah... Click on image to open in new window

I was so ready to take you on... now it looks like that will have to wait until another time Click on image to open in new window

Oh well... guess it will have to be England vs. Trinidad then...

I also still say the soloist... Click on image to open in new window

Jason38883.3935763889

Guest Michelle

The R3 is a bit boxy looking.. the soloist definitely looks better.  I only wish they would offer different colours... I prefer the plain black & white of the soloist team, or the black/blue of the P2...

If you want something that looks really good get the Trek Madone 5.9 smileys/smiley4.gif  I'm sure anyone that's seen it up close will agree!!

Jason, yeah i agree with you. The more interest in the bike means people must be interested in buying it.  And by the number of reviews there are obviouly a lot of satisfied owners.

The Trek 1000 and the Six13 appeal to totally different buyers, so yes according to interest the Trek pips the Six13, but in thier market segments they seem to be the most popular bikes.

It will be very interesting to see how your Soloist Carbon rates after a few months. Im sure it will be right up there.

In fact if something happens to my Six13, the first bike on my list to replace it with would be the Soloist Carbon!

Guest Michelle

The Six13 doesn't rate highly on my "looks-meter"... smileys/smiley11.gif

Zaskar, so that's why I can't see why some people can say the soloist is such a common bike yet... and I'm sure like you say after a couple of months there will be more reviews of the soloist and a lot of satisfied buyers. Look you're already looking at one and you have your six 13... In my eye's the sic i mean six 13 is k@k (Personal opinion, take it like you want) and I was also looking at different bikes before taking the soloist over the rest. If the six 13 is such a good bike why don't you get the same bike? smileys/smiley4.gif

The R3 is a bit boxy looking.. the soloist definitely looks better.  I only wish they would offer different colours... I prefer the plain black & white of the soloist team' date=' or the black/blue of the P2...

If you want something that looks really good get the Trek Madone 5.9 Click on image to open in new window  I'm sure anyone that's seen it up close will agree!!

[/quote']

The R3 was designed with the boxy tubing for a specific reason, whether it works or not, who knows, but I must agree Michelle, it doesn't look like the nicest bike around. Boxy tubing and spindly little seatstays are the 2 things that detract (of course, IMHumblestO)

Bring on the R2.5 - still the nicest looking Bike around.

Agreed on the colour of the soloist - if they had it available in the black / red of last years Cervelo's, that would be an absolute winner. The Black / Blue looks smileys/smiley11.gif.

Not wanting to dis your bike M, but I can't see the attraction of the Madone - it just looks far to plain / run of the mill to me, once again IMHO.

*KC ducks and runs away from Michelle-wrath* smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif

In my eye's the sic i mean six 13 is k@k (Personal opinion' date=' take it like you want) and I was also looking at different bikes before taking the soloist over the rest.  Click on image to open in new window[/quote']

Depends what your definition of K@k is......Fact is, I like k@k.  Infact....you are going to ride with team mates that ride k@k.  So....question is....will you and your Cervelo be able keep up with k@k? http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/naughty.gif

Like I said take it like you want... In my eyes it's k@k and in your eyes the manufacturers of cervelo are k@k... as for keeping up... only time will tell!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/naughty.gif

[/Quote]

oiy! spaaidy and jason, take this fighting to that other thread damn1t! Click on image to open in new window slowpoke38883.5780092593

Guest Michelle

Kingcompass - this is the WSD one that I have.  Do you really think it's plain?? smileys/smiley5.gif  It has gorgeous detail!!

I have changed that chunky saddle to the Selle Italia Lady SLK & full Dura Ace gruppo, campy record pedals... Oh I love my bike!!!

uploads/Michelle/images/2006-06-15_140122_madone52wsd_halo.jpg

Guest Big H

Spinnekop, wat kry mens s jy k@k omdrai..... vuil hande.... lyk my DIE perd hou van vuil hande!!!!!!!!