*sigh*

supertorro

no chance of a replacement rear triangle? Heartcoppi's plan might work,but not at the place he indicated in that diagram

If i look at those photos viz the OPs second photo, just to the right of the break, there is another weld that connects the hollow chain stays to the solid pivot. A new piece of alu needs to be welded to that pivot. For some reason, that section of the rear triangle is susceptible to failure (i wonder if that hole in the chainstay is significant or not ito the failure). So a few welds and a coupling might not be a good idea, unless the welds are superb and heat treated afterward to relieve any residual stresses built up during the welding process.

I would rather make up another hollow section, cut off the current wheel/rear axle mounts + a piece of the original chainstays,and weld that to the new hollow pieces (using an internal mating piece as suggested by Heartcoppi) which are then welded back onto the original pivot.

The place where all ALU bikes go? Welding points!!! Hope you can get her fixed.

no expert, but looks like the weld is not where it broke. the drainage hole seems to be the culprit.

Agreed on the drainage hole. Highly likely that's where it started.

I'm praying my Moto Lite holds out. Mine's out of warrenty.

Every man needs only 2 tools... a hammer and duct tape. If the hammer doesn't fix it duct tape sure will B)

if you cannot fix it with a hammer,it must be an electrical problem.

sjoe lucky me!

found the original invoice and it seems i bought the frame in September 2007, which puts me just inside the warranty period...