Another cyclist

jasper

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its half pat twelve and i cant sleep. Thats how mad this situation has made me.

I too lost my brother in a car crash when he was 19. He was an innocent passenger and somebody was speeding. The driver didn't even get a fine - his case was thrown out of court. But he was under the influence of narcotics and got away with it. I hold no remorse against him because it ain't gonna bring my brother back. He too has to live with himself. And yes, he may even do it again. Jail would be appropriate if his actions were criminal. Regarding this guy who knocked over the cyclist, if it wasn't premeditated, and there wasn't any malice intended, i.e. he didn't commit murder in the legal sense, then I for one say we cannot wish death upon him. His actions may have been criminal, but his intentions weren't.

I would never venture to say he deserves it, and my condolences go out to both families affected by this entire tragedy at this time.

My good thoughts accompany you too.

Its half pat twelve and i cant sleep. Thats how mad this situation has made me.

And it is late. Long day tomorrow for me. I'm sure there will be many comments to follow.

I too lost my brother in a car crash when he was 19. He was an innocent passenger and somebody was speeding. The driver didn't even get a fine - his case was thrown out of court. But he was under the influence of narcotics and got away with it. I hold no remorse against him because it ain't gonna bring my brother back. He too has to live with himself. And yes, he may even do it again. Jail would be appropriate if his actions were criminal. Regarding this guy who knocked over the cyclist, if it wasn't premeditated, and there wasn't any malice intended, i.e. he didn't commit murder in the legal sense, then I for one say we cannot wish death upon him. His actions may have been criminal, but his intentions weren't.

I would never venture to say he deserves it, and my condolences go out to both families affected by this entire tragedy at this time.

My good thoughts accompany you too.

You are a bigger man then me.

I am happy you found closure. I have not.

Perhaps the truest comment on here is the first line of this thread.....

I don't think I will ever get complete closure. Time has helped me mend, but it never heals. It ain't easy, that's for sure.

I did not see the word "ACCEPT" in the first line???

Ok. I am awake now in a slightly better mood

My comment was harsh, i will agree.

BUT i still feel that justice has been served.

Perhaps this guy did not intend to take another life, but the fact remains that he returned to the scene to try cover things up. That escalates the situation from a mere "accident".

Such behaviour is unacceptable.

I empathise with his family and the family of the victim.

And for those that can "accept" this person , i say again...you are better than me. I cannot.

People like that have no place in our society.

I'm not here to judge anybody as I've yet to walk in any of your shoes, but my heart does go out to the family & friends of both the cyclist and the suspect.

I also do not wish to judge the suspect but his actions in both cases have been very selfish and cowardly as it effects others and it was in both cases the easy way out.

So why haven't you made plans to take the guy out? Won't bring your sister back, but damn if it were me I'd feel a whole lot better.

I'm not here to judge anybody as I've yet to walk in any of your shoes, but my heart does go out to the family & friends of both the cyclist and the suspect.

I also do not wish to judge the suspect but his actions in both cases have been very selfish and cowardly as it effects others and it was in both cases the easy way out.

Why do you keep calling him a suspect?

So why haven't you made plans to take the guy out? Won't bring your sister back, but damn if it were me I'd feel a whole lot better.

Retributional violence seems to be a recurring theme with a few around here..........unfortunate

Wonder how hard you are in real life.....

Suicide is a selfish and careless escape route, one that people take without even considering the consequences and repercussions it has on others.

Saying that, I really feel sorry for those who take this route, you just have to wonder how helpless these people are, how much they are possibly wanting to cry for help.

Communication is becoming a dying practice, as a result of this people are going through life lost, angered and bitter.

I feel sorry for both families

Saying all this, hit and RUN is as cowardly as it comes.

Retributional violence seems to be a recurring theme with a few around here..........unfortunate

Wonder how hard you are in real life.....

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke)