Give your opinion, what do you think of Owen Hanni?

Larry King

I used to ride with him at Southern Transvaal way back when and he was a really strong rider. Think he is fabulous as a presenter / commentator and is a great great guy, would love to catch up with him again.

The 3.09 Argus thing is not quite accurate, we both did the Argus when we we're 14 years old, did 3:26, have a look at the times that year that some of the current pro's did (i.e. Nick White, Robbie Hunter), will give you an idea of the caliber rider Owen was as a junior, thats what should stand out nothing else IMO!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've never officially met or been introduced to him, but have bumped into him at cycle lab and the odd event (back when i was riding regularly) and always a very pleasant friendly guy. no airs and graces or anything. i think it runs in the family (i know Shaun very well and one of the most stand-up and selfless guys around)

Guest Big H

And the surname is Hannie...... not Hani..... that was the communist.

dont know the guy

dont really care that he doped or not - in fact i didnt even know that he did until it got mentioned - who cares ?, i mean really !!

i think he's the best presenter though. By far much better than the other two. He doesnt uuuummmmm & ahhhhh. He gets his point across perfectly

from what ive seen on tv ( because thats all i know of the chap ). He looks like a flippen lekker guy. Wouldnt mind going for some rides with him, although i might bore him, im just too damn slow

Did you know that Owen did a 3:09 in the Argus ?

Well, that settles it. Can we get this thread locked now?

argus, what is this thing called argus?

I think it is the world funride champs near the mountain.. also know as the August Cycle race

Did you know that Owen did a 3:09 in the Argus when he was 9 or 10 years old..?

No, that was Chuck Norris

Guest Big H

Well, that settles it. Can we get this thread locked now?

Click the report button on the left hand side bottom corner and ask Admin sweetly to do it. Enough has been said.

I do not think he will muffle/muzzle you for this.

Seems like quite a decent guy. Laughed my arse off when he got electrocuted touching a game fence while presenting on some MTB ride. He took it like a sport.