Not all roadies are bad

leet22

mmm. Riding both I can never really contribute to these kind of threads, but let me say this:

After family members(mtb'ers) started riding tandem, the mtb'ers stopped greeting them on route.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mmm. Riding both I can never really contribute to these kind of threads, but let me say this:

After family members(mtb'ers) started riding tandem, the mtb'ers stopped greeting them on route.

Yip... mtb or road bike, roadies always return my greeting. Mtbers? Not so much...

And by the same token not all MTBers are good.

That's just crazy talk! I know its almost weekend, but isn't 09:25 a bit early to start smoking the old wacky tobacy?

I'm the friendly roadie. I greet or wave to almost everyone I see on my training route. Even to the cars that gives me a gap at the intersections.

I'm the friendly roadie. I greet or wave to almost everyone I see on my training route. Even to the cars that gives me a gap at the intersections.

Watched Care Bears much? :P

I like you Mielies. And no not in that way.

I also try and greet everyone on my training route and thanking cars that give me a gap. Would be great if everyone could do that. Maybe us roadies won't have such a bad reputation then. Or maybe it is just wishful thinking. ;)

I ride both too so contributions made to these threads are made in jest.

Anybody who takes these too seriously deserves the heart burn they will eventually develop.

It's almost the same as: "can I put bar ends on riser bars". Of course you can, do whatever you want! No way, it looks silly! Besides, only flat bars are for racing. Burry does it, kinda, well, sorta because it's only a shallow riser which isn't really a riser. OMG, keeps me in stitches for hours on end.

Guest Frail4Life

Watched Care Bears much? :P

Hey!

I great everyone.

I do not get anytime to watch no Care Bears.

:unsure: :D

Thx Mielies :D

I have been seen waving at motorists.... (whether on my MTBs or my road bike)

Roadies are bad, bad, bad, bad, they are really bad - they are nearly as bad as the mtb'ers ;)

(P.S.: as a full time roadie i try to be good 95% of the time to 95% of the road users; i am only 100% good when i am spinning; i wave back - except when i go 39km/h plus)

Roadies just always look so angry when you ride past them and runners look knackerd. MTB'ikers generally come across as relaxed and friendly. I've done both disciplines so that's mu unbiased point of view ..

Guest agteros

Roadies just always look so angry when you ride past them and runners look knackerd. MTB'ikers generally come across as relaxed and friendly. I've done both disciplines so that's mu unbiased point of view ..

But have you tried real running?

It is so much more rewarding than any form of cycling simply because your (lack of) performance cannot be attributed to (lacing) equipment. It is just you. Not you and your machine. And that is where the buck stops with running. No riding the bunch, no following the line. No loafing down the hill, no slip streaming traffic. Just one self propelled step after the other.

If you stop running, you stand still. You cannot free wheel down the hills.You want to rest? No sitting up. You have to stop your motion and sit, or lie down. Cycling is an easy sport, maybe even a lazy sport when compared to running. Try it, and you'll see how your cycling improves.

PS1: My training consists of 99% running (1% = occasional cycling race - mtb and road), and I'm doing reasonably OK on a bicycle for the cycling effort I put in.

PS2: Runners do not get knocked over by cars the way cyclist do... so it is much safer as well (trail / road running!)