Sani2C a closed shop ?

Slowbee

I heard that nonstop was on the 5th of October or something .....

Not happening...They have cancelled non-stop due to the fact Joberg2c took its spot in the calender!

It will be back next year at new date.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you substitute a whole team/

They say you can only do one rider or is it one rider at a time like Epic?

You can only substitute 1 person, if you do 2 you lose the entry.

Guys, some guy (farmer Glen) decided to start a race at his own risk/reward etc. Lucky for him a lot of people loved his race cause he put on a GREAT race. Its his race and he can decide the entry rules. Like it or leave it. As long as he's putting on the same GREAT race, loads more people will be liking it rather than leaving it.

As in cycling and life, never give up and you'll get in one day.

eeermmm some guy (farmer Glen) can have his own rules. Agreed. And Like it or leave it... I am leaving it. The fault in your logic is that there will NOT be loads more people liking it as not loads more people will be allowe to enter. As someone said this event should become by invitation only. And please never give up? The only time that applies is when desperation kicks in and you leave yourself without choice. And in this case there is choice. Oh yes I cant comment on how great this ride is as I have never done it.

All I wanted to know is, is the sani2c a closed shop - and by all accounts it is. This means I dont have to waste my time hoping and trying to enter. A new team cannot enter this race through any other means than "buying" an entry. My guess is the Joberg2c is going to go the same route and so I wont bother with that either.

Best of luck to Mr Glen who did this on his own risk/reward.

oh yes, the same mate and I have decided that it would be better to do that funny ride in Botswana. I have heard that the organiser is a bit of a nutter. Something about a boat club in the desert or something.

Guys it's simple, he offered an event that people love.

He chose to reward the guyus that risked their money in the early days of the event. It has only been oversubscribed for the last couple of years.

He openedit to more teams and had problems, A virus two years ago spread through the Chicken?

All the support is from the communities and since he added an event (adventure) it is now 48 hrs of intense support per race village. It's draining on the organisors and support teams.

The race is Great.

Clearly guys who ride it love it and keep going back. I'm missing next years but hey, I'm one of the 100 or so teams not available by reduced numbers.

I'm glad he clawed it back. When it got to big, it got impersonal.

If you get a ride enjoy.

101, nothing wrong with what you have said.

would be interesting to get some clarity from the organisers as to their input on what they want from this ride. Put on a great event to keep the regulars coming back for more - or to increase the support base and use the event to expose more people to stage riding ?

Talk of closed shop, all the events that the farmers organize are difficult to get into, I put my name down on the waiting list for the Imana Wild Ride 6 years ago, and finally got a call this year. These guys are great, they have awesome areas to ride in and organize the races to let other people experience the rides, not for their own personal enrichment, as too many other organizers do. It's their race, if they want to have it like that, good for them, so long as the ethos in which they do it remains.

Buy the way, all their profits go to building classrooms in the areas through which the races go.

101, the virus was spread by contact, not through the food (shingella).

101, nothing wrong with what you have said.

would be interesting to get some clarity from the organisers as to their input on what they want from this ride. Put on a great event to keep the regulars coming back for more - or to increase the support base and use the event to expose more people to stage riding ?

In fairness slow one, I was lucky (unlucky) enough to spend the day with Craig (Joberg2c) after I buggered my knee on day three of J2C, what a great bunch of organisers. They just love MTB's. They do the best they can with what's hit them, they just want great trails and they really try hard. We (Participants) always have a conspiracy theory. My take is they do the best they can with what they've got.

IMO.

Even though I am also upset that its hard to get into at least they not opening the flood gates and letting more people ride than they can cope with which would be even worse. ;)

No problems with them rewarding the people who have been supporting them the longest.

Great that subaru throw their weight at it too.

What does it cost you to sit on a waiting list?

There is demand, they could double the price and probably still fill it. Yet they choose to keep it reasonable.

Bravo to them.

No problems with them rewarding the people who have been supporting them the longest.

Great that subaru throw their weight at it too.

What does it cost you to sit on a waiting list?

There is demand, they could double the price and probably still fill it. Yet they choose to keep it reasonable.

Bravo to them.

100% agree with your post!! Sorry to those who can't get in, but some people have been supporting the race and non-stop and Imana wild ride from the early days!!

hey guys. you know that there is the adventure race that happens at the same time as the sani 2 c? it happens a day before on any given stage.this means that it is technically a dry run for them to make sure all the courses are still the way it should be and that it is in good shape for the sani coming the next day. this year jonty and his brother did it. Might be an option if you really want to do the same course as sani 2 c. have a look at the option...

hey guys. you know that there is the adventure race that happens at the same time as the sani 2 c? it happens a day before on any given stage.this means that it is technically a dry run for them to make sure all the courses are still the way it should be and that it is in good shape for the sani coming the next day. this year jonty and his brother did it. Might be an option if you really want to do the same course as sani 2 c. have a look at the option...

Adventure and Race have the same type of waiting list and period. Waiting list for both!

• 2 weeks later...

On their website it now says that all automatic spots for 2011 Adventure and Race have been filled which means that no one on the waiting list even got a chance so it is now confirmed, Sani is a closed shop :-(

the nasty part of me hopes that 2011 is a disaster so that no one wants to ride again in 2012 and then hopefully some of us on the waiting list get a chance.

Because all the spots are filled does not mean people on the waiting list won't get in. If people cancel (and they do) then you can still get in.