Sani2C a closed shop ?

Slowbee

If you really want to do the race, practice like you are going to do it and just buy an entry on the Hub the month of the race.

Like any big (and limited) race there are always people that suddenly can't make it. The Epic this year had about 10 available spots on the Hub.

BTW, I'm Wait - A14 for the sani. :s

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that, due to the high demand, the organisers will consider hosting the Sani2C more than once a year? Surely they can run it three times a year and there'll still be a waiting list... money is money, right?

Guys, some guy (farmer Glen) decided to start a race at his own risk/reward etc. Lucky for him a lot of people loved his race cause he put on a GREAT race. Its his race and he can decide the entry rules. Like it or leave it. As long as he's putting on the same GREAT race, loads more people will be liking it rather than leaving it.

As in cycling and life, never give up and you'll get in one day.

I think if you buy a new Subaru, you will be GIVEN a entry as part of the deal !! Goodluck with the vehicle finance :D :D And enjoy the ride, well that's now your new Subaru and your bike :D

Do you think that, due to the high demand, the organisers will consider hosting the Sani2C more than once a year? Surely they can run it three times a year and there'll still be a waiting list... money is money, right?

Calendar dates are the issue. They also turn themselves inside-out to offer something new every year. As seen on other threads, riders come back year after year because it hasn't gone stale (well most riders feel that way). The logistics is also a HUGE factor as it takes at least 6 months of planning to put the event together. The fact that Joberg2C and Sani2C share some logistics helps a bit. The race also relies on volunteer support and access to private land. Furthermore the environment needs to be taken into account as well. Over-use will cause erosion that will lead to irreparable damage with land access being withdrawn. I think we are fortunate to have 4 events on the route already (Sani2C, Sani2C Adventure, Sani2C non-stop and Joberg2C). It is highly unlikely that any additional events will be fitted onto this busy trail.

This is insane - why not just close the event entries completely and make it a private, "by invitation only" event.

If it has to remain a "public entry" event, then allow only defending champs to enter in consecutive years. That way more people will have an opportunity to race it. This means that if rode in 2009, and didn't win your category (or you're not an "elite" rider, you can only enter again in 2011.

Pffffft.

How do you substitute a whole team/

They say you can only do one rider or is it one rider at a time like Epic?

Agree with having top10 or 20 in each category getting confirmed entries and the rest going to a lotto system where you can't ride for more than 2 consecutive events if chosen. This will give everone a fair chance.

How do you substitute a whole team/

They say you can only do one rider or is it one rider at a time like Epic?

Don't think you can sub the whole team, only 1 rider.

Don't think you can sub the whole team, only 1 rider.

The number of changes we get on the Kalchal due to hatches matches and despatches......we would have a revolution if we applied this rule

The number of changes we get on the Kalchal due to hatches matches and despatches......we would have a revolution if we applied this rule

Just wait till Kalchal gets bigger the problems she will come........

Just wait till Kalchal gets bigger the problems she will come........

We have a cunning plan.No more than 150 teams and that's it.We had 90 teams last year.110 this year.

Maybe even 150 is too much

Was chatting to the organisers of Swazi Frontier.They were meant to be at Kalchal but Brett fell and slipped a disc or something.

Their event is capped at 90 teams by invitation.You have to register your interest.They were full months ago.

But none of ths exclusivity bull**** !

Slowbee, It certainly is worth the effort. sani2C is a great event. They had 3 times last years traffic on the website yesterday, causing the whole entry system to crash. Probably all because of the reduced field. That's how strong the following is.

In my opinion the Epic Lottery is worse. and now the epic has just become too damn expensive to bother.

Joberg2C will be a great alternative. So will the Pioneer trek. and whatever else comes along...

This is the best event of the year, road or mtb, and this is exactly the reason why this thread even exists. It is a pity that a lot of people don't have the opportunity to ride...

Thank goodness I have my registration done again. :)