Missing lady cyclist

carnac

Nowhere safe to ride alone in this country?

I beg to differ. I think there are a few hotspots to avoid and you'll be fine in the rest.

Either it is safe to ride alone in this country, or I've been super lucky for the last 25 years.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either it is safe to ride alone in this country, or I've been super lucky for the last 25 years.

Don't think you're lucky, its when and where you decide to ride and taking caution.

I'm thinking lady luck is on your side buddy

covie, you missed the bit about the humour part.

and on 567 this morning a bloke phoned in and said there was a lion on du toits pass .. but its been running around for like 15 yrs.

I'm with the nowhere in SA is safe, even hotspots were "safe" before some criminals decided to target it.

Those of us who havent been mugged/robbed have simply been lucky. Just read the bikejack threads on the hub which I am sure you all have.

Granted crime is less in some area's than in others but syndicates move and chancers are everywhere.

Yes be a vigilent as possible, and try and be as safe as possible. But the bottom line here is never leave a friend behind if you are riding in a group. Too many things can just go wrong, and you proving your super powers on the last KM is not worth the risk. If you would like to prove your superhuman cycling ability do it once the group has finished the ride so you take all the risk on yourself.

Maybe change this warning for Cape Colony conditions and post in your "wilderness" areas.......

post-24-067232000 1281512617.jpg

covie, you missed the bit about the humour part.

and on 567 this morning a bloke phoned in and said there was a lion on du toits pass .. but its been running around for like 15 yrs.

I probably did buddy :D i have the attentionspan of a 2 year old on rittelin.

You still there...... welcome back!!!!!!!

So no need to file the missing person report then.

Talking of the IR cameras, a buddy of mine came across a couple of on the freedom challenge, apparently they had a bit of fun by jumping in front of them and pulling faces.