Missing lady cyclist

carnac

Any news yet?

Covie I do the same as you when riding with my girl.

Reminds me of a story that one of the Cape Leopard Trust ladies told me: a group of mtbers went night riding in Wellington when one of the ladies dropped off the group. While riding alone she went between a leopard and her cubs. Resulted in one very angry leopard and one very scared lady. She was unharmed, but still, not cool.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news yet?

Reminds me of a story that one of the Cape Leopard Trust ladies told me: a group of mtbers went night riding in Wellington when one of the ladies dropped off the group. While riding alone she went between a leopard and her cubs. Resulted in one very angry leopard and one very scared lady. She was unharmed, but still, not cool.

Ive read a very similar sounding story, but this time with a mountain lion. A woman was left behind a bit in a group and the people ahead must have scared the animal or something but she got taken off her bike by the lion.

So what have we all learnt today? Dont leave anyone behind in a group men or woman, especially woman.

oh come on Philip, really leopards in Wellington ?

<<hijack on>>

Slowbee ....YES! Leopards in Wellington...check the letter section of latest GO! magazine...nice picture of leopard that was photographed at Welvanpas farm...

Better yet, what about Lourensford?

Go to Basin MTB website...and see report and Pictures of leopard that was filmed on Lourensford ~2-3 Aug this year!! was done with an ifrared camera trigger device - they have a couple of there up all over the Boland to take stock of leopard populations in W cape.

I, for one, do not cycle at the back anymore!! did wonders for my fitness... :D

<<hijack off>>

ag man cassie - did you not see the humour part ...... and that leopard at lourensford was a fake one.

just kiddin again ........ I know about all the photo's. There was also one seen at the palmiet dams.

ag man cassie - did you not see the humour part ...... and that leopard at lourensford was a fake one.

just kiddin again ........ I know about all the photo's. There was also one seen at the palmiet dams.

Ok, did not see the humor part... :)

BUT still, I'm not cycling at the back anymore...just in case the leopard feels like pigging out on some cholestrol loaded snack....

:D

Not only on Mountain bike trails, but on the road too, this is not Canada, you just cant leave anyone behind, you may never see them again.

Hopefully she is okay, pitched up later and had some choice words for the crowd she was riding with. I know I would have.!

I have just tried to phone van Gaalen, but they are closed. I will try tomorrow morning and post info when I have it.

Ive read a very similar sounding story, but this time with a mountain lion. A woman was left behind a bit in a group and the people ahead must have scared the animal or something but she got taken off her bike by the lion.

So what have we all learnt today? Dont leave anyone behind in a group men or woman, especially woman.

Don't cycle with mountain lions or leopards !! Very dangerous for stragglers....

Just my 2c.. in any group where there's females riding there should be at least one dude riding at the back.

Shame I hope she's ok.

Any news yet?

nope, don't buy that! If you come between any animal and its 'kids', you're gonna get f.d up badly!!!