Power Geek Gizmo Heaven!!

bruce

I just spoke to Garmin SA. They will only be bringing in the Edge 705 next year. They wont even tell me if its gonna be in Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4. And they said if i import a 705' date=' I wont get it serviced in SA - i'll have to send it back to the states.

That kinda sucks.... With a sh*tty corporate policy like that, I'm kinda disinclined to continue supporting them...
[/quote']

I wouldn't worry about it too much - I ended up sending my Garmin back to the states (I also bought it there) - within 2 weeks, they had replaced the entire unit and I had it delivered to my office. Only cost to me was the initial shipping of the unit - about R150.

I agree though - it does suck that local companies won't support items bought overseas.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry about it too much - I ended up sending my Garmin back to the states (I also bought it there) - within 2 weeks' date=' they had replaced the entire unit and I had it delivered to my office. Only cost to me was the initial shipping of the unit - about R150.
I agree though - it does suck that local companies won't support items bought overseas.
[/quote']

thats really awesome.. thanks for the info!