CyclingSA / MyRace / Licensing.

allobar

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should you need a license?

• Yes, it is necesary.
    • No, its a money making scam.

My Rant.

Firstly I do not believe that there should be license fees involved to race as an amateur.

I am not a professional racer and don't want to be, I want to go and do the occasional MTB race and that is that.

Now I am forced to join a club, then I have to join the CSA to get a license.

So there are club fees, CSA license fees and to top it all a race fee.

What is happening to all this money that is being collected.

Well it has to pay for the club admin - that would not have been there had everyone not been forced to join a club.

Then there is the licensing fee that has to go to CSA - to do what exactly - that’s right they have to keep track of the newly created clubs and the members.

I can to a certain extent understand the need for a seeding system and rankings and the cost to maintain that.

But then just have one fee at one institution - pay a yearly license see at CSA and if you don't want to then that is fine to but then you will not be on the ranking system.

That is fine - then it is a choice that I can make - now I am forced to pay a Day License fee - that goes into someone's pocket and does nothing for me.

I also pay the race organizer to put on the race - no problem with that.

To add insult to injury - try creating a new account on 'MyRace' and see how far you get.

Once you have created the account and they have sent you the confirmation key - meaning the email address works.

You go back and try to log-in - the site then comes back to inform you that the details are not correct.

This is a joke - a total sham - a mockery of intellect - This is what they are doing with the license fees.

What a joke !!!

I would love to see what would happen if every cyclist would boycott races that required a license fee for amateur racers to partake.

The pros could still go race - but the rest of the field would be empty - that would stop this nonsense in its tracks.

I am open for debate on this - Confince me that this is a evil that we need!!!

The bad thing is its so slow, I paid for my licence before the first WP xc race which was in May If I remember correctly. stil dont have it.

Join the club.

I have an email with a reference number from them.

Ask where my licence is and they tell me they have no record of me.

Same thing last year, and then all of a sudden my card arrives in November.

Hahaha! Circus South Africa is a money making scam

I joined in May and was sorted by end of July.

I paid R250 for my club fee can't remember how much I paid for my license fee and will do it again next year as it helps to grow the sport because goverment needs to see how many registered/active cyclists SA has before they decide how much funding they willing to give

Paid R300 in January for my Road/Mtb license...And have nothing to show for it!!! :angry:

Still waiting for my license!

They worse then the Gout. on paper work

Load of SH*T, all a scam, what do they do for that money...NOTHING!!

Round 2

So had a look at my SAS seeding on the MTNCycling site - 58 (Dont laugh)

Then went to the advendurance website - had a look at today's race (Cullinan MTN#5) and there is a link to a pdf file that has all the entries for the race.

So I enter my number in the search facility and my entry is displayed - only the seeding number on here is 54 (not complaining) but if they as they claim are spending the money to have systems in place to track these events and seedings etc. then surely these systems should at least be in sync.

In my humble opinion there are way to many c®ooks in this kitchen at the moment and everyone is collecting money and setting up systems, and these systems are not working and are not kept up to date - so why bother.

So the government will put in money to fund cycling with - don't think its about how many white cyclists are listed in the database - sorry to burst that bubble.

My 10c worth.

Join the club.

I have an email with a reference number from them.

Ask where my licence is and they tell me they have no record of me.

Same thing last year, and then all of a sudden my card arrives in November.

Hahaha! Circus South Africa is a money making scam

Hey Hubbers

I take it all back - holycamoly - and its not even November yet.

Guess What??

I got my licence card this morning, and it was 2 months early (compared to last year anyway)!!

Not to shabby hey. Paid for last December and delivered just before renewal time - Fantastic!

Not quite as fast and efficient as this countries Home Affairs Department, but things are looking up.

To all of you who dont have your cards yet - Naah nah nah naah! :P

Happy Cycling!!

My Rant.

Firstly I do not believe that there should be license fees involved to race as an amateur.

I am not a professional racer and don't want to be, I want to go and do the occasional MTB race and that is that.

Now I am forced to join a club, then I have to join the CSA to get a license.

So there are club fees, CSA license fees and to top it all a race fee.

What is happening to all this money that is being collected.

Well it has to pay for the club admin - that would not have been there had everyone not been forced to join a club.

Then there is the licensing fee that has to go to CSA - to do what exactly - that’s right they have to keep track of the newly created clubs and the members.

I can to a certain extent understand the need for a seeding system and rankings and the cost to maintain that.

But then just have one fee at one institution - pay a yearly license see at CSA and if you don't want to then that is fine to but then you will not be on the ranking system.

That is fine - then it is a choice that I can make - now I am forced to pay a Day License fee - that goes into someone's pocket and does nothing for me.

I also pay the race organizer to put on the race - no problem with that.

To add insult to injury - try creating a new account on 'MyRace' and see how far you get.

Once you have created the account and they have sent you the confirmation key - meaning the email address works.

You go back and try to log-in - the site then comes back to inform you that the details are not correct.

This is a joke - a total sham - a mockery of intellect - This is what they are doing with the license fees.

What a joke !!!

I would love to see what would happen if every cyclist would boycott races that required a license fee for amateur racers to partake.

The pros could still go race - but the rest of the field would be empty - that would stop this nonsense in its tracks.

I am open for debate on this - Confince me that this is a evil that we need!!!

I agree whole heartily ! I am seeing this MTB industry becoming more fragmented by the day.

New races all the time (a good thing),

More and more event organizers (not necessarily a good thing)

Every event organizer has (wants) it's own online registration and payment facility (Bad thing, I don't want to give my credit card details to every Tom Dick and Harry)

Race results not available on a central database. (bad thing, prevents 1 central seeding system)

Certain race results only available to certain club members etc, etc. (bad thing)

I could go on, but I think the picture is clear.

Hmmmm, another one of these. My latest thinking of this is that CSA should , with all the gold they're sitting on, should organise proper races for the elites and licenced riders. Min distance 150km... , proper price money , start 10am on Sunday, or any other day should traffic allow, especially in more quiet towns, and and and. I'm also thinking I should change my handle to Joseph the Dreamer :D

The CSA is so full of politics, I can guarantee you that the Tour of South Africa will not take place next year.