Gary Fisher Superfly Stolen - Signal Hill

imagedee

It happened around 8H30 this morning. He was going down the hill from the boom on Signal Hill Road, probably quite near the top. This guy was walking down the path and he slowed down to pass. As he did this he grabbed him and demanded whatever he had on him. He waved the knife around and was shaking - probably tikked up? then he took the bike and rode down the hill. ironically there were police training on the path, but it was too late when they realised the _unt flying past them on a carbon 29er without a helmet might be suspicious - what happened to shoot first then ask questions??

It cant be easy to try get rid of a bike like this though?So, if say Cash Covertors or a Pawn shop bought this, they should also be had by the police?

The police should have at least attempted to get the bike, when they realised could they not organise something they were on the scene the guy could not have gotten that far by then???

I reckon it's easier to ID this tweaker than to track the bike. he sounds like one of those hardcore junkies littering cape town.

Many of these guys have networks Im afraid...Dont know about this guy but He was obviously looking to take someone out.

Someone once told me he was standing at a petrol station In stellenbosh when a guy came up to him and asked him If he was looking for anything...

He said He ''can get" whatever he likes.. I dont know the rest of the story, but thats scary..

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a stolen gamin tracked or blacklisted?

nope, GPS are one way devices, it only receives the signals.

There are some that can update traffic stats and drive times on routes, but i doubt they get id recognition for this cause.

Dee: any feedback on this theft?

Not yet recovered.

One lead that might be good - my brother asked the perp if he could keep his discovery card, which was promptly handed over - this will be dusted for fingerprints - hopefully there is something to go with...

Anyone been offered a Superfly lately?!