Cyclist knocked down in Waterkloof

Spinnekop

One of my friends was knocked down by a Sunbake truck this morning in Waterkloof.  Angry

Truck did not see him going around the sircle and took him out.

Luckely hy is OK.

Driver just took off.  Dead

I think he got the number plates and hopefully??? the polise will follow up.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE GUYS AND GIRLS!!!!!!

Another one.  Guys and gals, watch out for the "brood lorries".  I've moaned about them previously, they're worse than anties in luxury German vehicles!!!

Orca, which oil company?  If it's Shell or BP phone the H/O.  They have extremely strict on road use!

Wonder if it was the Sunbake truck that passed me this morning in Goerge Storrar?  Glad to hear he is ok Spidy.

Dit Suck!! Wie was dit Spidey? Ek ry deesdae BAIE in waterkloof omdat ek 'safe' voel daar. Wys jou net..

not nice, but very good to hear that he is ok. he must make as big a fuss witht he bread company concerned as he can.

Hey been there got my t -shirt c/o elephant and orion,dont hold your breath for the police to do anything.When I reported my accident, the officer on duty told me its pointless as its not an insurance claim and I dont have any on my bike.When my lawyer called him (catch me if you can,and sue me I dont have a thing) were his words.Mr Edward Nel cell no 0725600431.I dont want to go into the politics of it but thats the way it is,Im glad your mate is OK.Remember we have to be awake as we the royal game on wheels they get bonus points for every cyclist nocked down.His best bet is to call the bread company direct as every driver has a specific route at a specific time,they will accomadate him as bad publicity isnt good for them.

Sorry guys for being so negative its not nice being in a situation like that.

Sad to hear!! Great that your friend is OK!!

Traffic Cycles are a problem in South Africa as motorists do not adhere to the rules of such circles.

This is the rule at a circle (not those speed calming circles commonly found out North).Vehicles must yield to the right at all times. Simple yet not being done. If you are the only car on your side (road) at the circle and a 100 cars entering/approaching from your right, they have right of way and you just have to wait, unless someone lets you in.

Shaunh, don't agree on that.  The way I know it, and I have also heard it serveral time on radio when this question comes up is as follow:

Traffic circles work on the same principle as a fourway stop.  First come first serve.  The differene being that traffic in the circle will have the right of way and should two or more vehicles get to the circle at the same time, the vehicle from the right has the right of way.

Maybe if someone has a document on it we could confirm wether I have it right or wrong.

Bat, you're right, BUT, the latest crap is that the person IN the circle has to give way to the person that wants to enter the circle.  And people get cross if you don't wait!

Ewep, where did you hear this?  Does not make sense.  Traffic circle will fill up with vehicles in peak traffic and there goes the traffic "flow".

Traffic circle is easy.

Just like shaunh said.  "Vehicles must yield to the right at all times".  This is in the rules of the road that you have to know when doing your licence!!!!!

But.

You get a "smaller sircle" where it is treated as a "toegee" (English??) sign.  First come, first serve.

Question now is what is a "small" sirkel and what is a "big" sirkel.

But the accident in question was rather a case of the cyclist being knocked off IN the sirkel......Sad.