The World's first 2-Wheel SUV

ASG

ASG, why don't you take off the name and offer them at a quarter of the price you will be asking for? You'll still make a profit, and sell many many more.

Maybe you could sell the brand name decals/stickers separately for R45,000, and the bike without the decals for R15,000? How's that for a business model?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ASG, why don't you take off the name and offer them at a quarter of the price you will be asking for? You'll still make a profit, and sell many many more.

Maybe you could sell the brand name decals/stickers separately for R45,000, and the bike without the decals for R15,000? How's that for a business model?

Bwah ha ha :lol:

Nice looking, very expensive, overpriced - still wont make you ride better :lol: See,https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/83300-dropped/page__st__20__p__1153890__fromsearch__1#entry1153890

Crack dont demolish my hopes that a 16k groupset wont make me ride better than with my 4k groupset.... please its the only hope i have of riding like a pro.

Anyway lets not diss the bikes too much till we see what they retail for. Though i doubt its in the "decent" braket. Maybe we will all be suprised. :blink:

I'm really intrigued at the notion that an SUV is somehow an object of lust and admiration.

Not a comment on the bikes, just the marketing approach. SUV's are heavy, cumbersome neither-fish-nor-fowl things that are used for parking on the pavements at airports and outside schools in well to do areas.

World's first two wheel SUV? That would prolly be a BMW R80 GS motorcycle...which now that I think about it pre-dated 4 wheel SUV's by about 20 years.

As you were....

Crack dont demolish my hopes that a 16k groupset wont make me ride better than with my 4k groupset.... please its the only hope i have of riding like a pro.

Anyway lets not diss the bikes too much till we see what they retail for. Though i doubt its in the "decent" braket. Maybe we will all be suprised. :blink:

So sorry, maybe just put the 4k groupset on the frame - Would still work for anyone thats not a professional rider. I paid 22k for my trail bike, my boss has a 45k carbon Tallboy . I can still keep up with him. Go figure I train more in the gym(spinning and light weights, and training on the road for base mileage)The funny thing is Im havin more fun cause he cant undertstand why his bike doesnt make him go faster. Mmmmmmmm ;)

So sorry, maybe just put the 4k groupset on the frame - Would still work for anyone thats not a professional rider. I paid 22k for my trail bike, my boss has a 45k carbon Tallboy . I can still keep up with him. Go figure I train more in the gym(spinning and light weights, and training on the road for base mileage)The funny thing is Im havin more fun cause he cant undertstand why his bike doesnt make him go faster. Mmmmmmmm ;)

Good man. If you overtook him on your bike your prospects for continued employment would probably be cut. :D

Good man. If you overtook him on your bike your prospects for continued employment would probably be cut. :D

Dont worry about that, I make him keep up with me sometimes too, but like the guys on the golf course playing with bosses they to will drop a few shots here & there. Still make the effort though :lol: I will say he does do a lot more traing then me to(but just road milage, no strength or core training which i've found are just as valuable if not needed more) Just my 2c :P

The SUV's looks nice. I think most peeps are going for the 29ers these days, that's the trend or the vibe at the moment.

I'm really intrigued at the notion that an SUV is somehow an object of lust and admiration.

Not a comment on the bikes, just the marketing approach. SUV's are heavy, cumbersome neither-fish-nor-fowl things that are used for parking on the pavements at airports and outside schools in well to do areas.

World's first two wheel SUV? That would prolly be a BMW R80 GS motorcycle...which now that I think about it pre-dated 4 wheel SUV's by about 20 years.

As you were....

To be honest we messed around with several slogans - we had the "lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place...how about 4 times thing" with the Dogma and playing on the fact that Pinarello has won "Bicycling road bike of the year" for 4 years running - it worked really well and we wanted something strong on the new MTB as well - we thought of "first 2 wheel 4x4"??? Anyways, these are still concepts so will test more and perhaps change if we have to....so far general feedback is quite positive. Next time we run a campaign we'll ask the hubbers to come up with a slogan and offer a prize to the winner....now there is an idea??

Thanks for the feedback!

ASG

i have seen these at ag, and they are AMAAAZING!!!!

and you will be suprised by how well priced they are

great stuff by pina!!

i have seen these at ag, and they are AMAAAZING!!!!

and you will be suprised by how well priced they are

great stuff by pina!!

Dont get me wrong they look fantastic, the full suspension is a beautiful looking machine, but as with most things cycling, it will be overpriced, the whole carbon thing is crazy, it not "new technology" anymore, yet they still price it like that . Most bikes are way overpriced anyway. :( Just my 2c

Pinarello has won "Bicycling road bike of the year" for 4 years running

And that has nothing to do with you guys taking up half the magazine in advertising?

;)

To be honest we messed around with several slogans - we had the "lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place...how about 4 times thing" with the Dogma and playing on the fact that Pinarello has won "Bicycling road bike of the year" for 4 years running - it worked really well and we wanted something strong on the new MTB as well - we thought of "first 2 wheel 4x4"??? Anyways, these are still concepts so will test more and perhaps change if we have to....so far general feedback is quite positive. Next time we run a campaign we'll ask the hubbers to come up with a slogan and offer a prize to the winner....now there is an idea??

Thanks for the feedback!

ASG

I'm no marketing guru but i do understand the message you tried to get through (though have to agree a SUV is nothing to aspire to) I would have gone with something simple like errmmm... SO GOOD IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL :)

As you were....

And yet deep down everyone wants one....the Pina SUV that is...All the above comments are made out of frustration and willing the price to be in the affordable range for you and I....I suspect these will look the dogs bollocks in the flesh...