Your DH Machine

Mitch21

shot dude. I wanna ride her damn hard this weekend. Probably the last 2 weeks before little Mayhem is born, so I gotta get as much in as possible!

I hear you. I have the urge to take one of my Geese up the mountain this weekend. Been gathering dust too long.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So yesterday the new parts arrived and i could finally complete my new fat girl

post-10758-13425434062591.jpg

post-10758-13425434279555.jpg

post-10758-13425434576808.jpg

Specs as follows

• Frame: Morewood Makulu (L)
  • Fork: Rock Shox Boxxer World Cup
  • Rear Shock: Fox DHX RC4
  • Wheels: Spank Spike 35's on Hope Pro II's
  • RD & Shifter: SRAM X0 10sp DH Cage
  • Cranks: Truvativ Descendant
  • Chainguide: C-Sixx Carbon with Bashring
  • Brakes: Avid Code
  • Stem: Truvativ Holzfeller Direct Mount
  • Bars: Renthal Fatbar 780mm wide, 10mm rise

As for settings.

• 300lb Spring on rear shock
  • 75psi in fork
  • buttery-smooth (that's a setting right?!)

Oh, and weigh in is at 17.08kg with pedals. Not bay ey?!

Edited by patches

Specs as follows

As for settings.

• 75psi in fork

That looks VERY NICE!! Awesome looking machine !!

That looks VERY NICE!! Awesome looking machine !!

Thanks Grebel! Lets just hope I can do her a little bit of justice

Specs as follows

As for settings.

• 75psi in fork

What do you weigh patches?, if you under 100 kilos that 300 spring is gonna be far to hard

I weigh in at 89kg without kit on. I had a 200lb on there and it was way too soft. I did the suspension calcs and according to them the precise spring weight is 284lb. So i had a choice between a 300 and a 250.

The 300 feels good so far. But it is on the firmer side. I haven't measured the sag yet or played with the hsc and lsc.

Maybe when I'm in France I'll see if i can source a 250lb

I weigh in at 89kg without kit on. I had a 200lb on there and it was way too soft. I did the suspension calcs and according to them the precise spring weight is 284lb. So i had a choice between a 300 and a 250.

The 300 feels good so far. But it is on the firmer side. I haven't measured the sag yet or played with the hsc and lsc.

Maybe when I'm in France I'll see if i can source a 250lb

yeah Im about the same weight, I got my shock setup at the factory and I run a 225 with about 35% sag which is supposedly spot on for the leverage design. Whats nice about the RC4 is that you also have the bottom out adjustment to play with. If you looking for a good base setting to start off from what I have been riding, 150psi, bottom out half way turned out,low speed 4 clicks clockwise and high speed 7 clicks clock wise (starting both from full anti clockwise). Feel free to use it or not. I just found it quite weird you running super soft in the front and hard on the back,When you in the rough stuff youre gonna end up super nose heavy

Nige get one for masters next year,do it green and gold. But if you finish off the podium you will look like a toss

yeah Im about the same weight, I got my shock setup at the factory and I run a 225 with about 35% sag which is supposedly spot on for the leverage design. Whats nice about the RC4 is that you also have the bottom out adjustment to play with. If you looking for a good base setting to start off from what I have been riding, 150psi, bottom out half way turned out,low speed 4 clicks clockwise and high speed 7 clicks clock wise (starting both from full anti clockwise). Feel free to use it or not. I just found it quite weird you running super soft in the front and hard on the back,When you in the rough stuff youre gonna end up super nose heavy

Thanks for the advice. I haven't done a proper setup yet, so any tips are greatly appreciated.

Where did you get your 225lb spring?

My 300lb is a Manitou 3.5" for a 267mm shock. The 300lb was the smallest they had.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't done a proper setup yet, so any tips are greatly appreciated.

Where did you get your 225lb spring?

My 300lb is a Manitou 3.5" for a 267mm shock. The 300lb was the smallest they had.

No worries, I puzzled when I my first makulu because it seems so weird to run such a light spring. I got mine from the factory,they support our team.Its a Fox, Finally got my bikes setup dialed.I think all the Makulus ship standard with a 200 spring

Guest Omega Man

No worries, I puzzled when I my first makulu because it seems so weird to run such a light spring. I got mine from the factory,they support our team.Its a Fox, Finally got my bikes setup dialed.I think all the Makulus ship standard with a 200 spring

My CCDB has a 250. My Bos has a 200 and the Fox I borrowed for France has a 200. The cool thing about the Fox is you can push a little air in there.

My CCDB has a 250. My Bos has a 200 and the Fox I borrowed for France has a 200. The cool thing about the Fox is you can push a little air in there.

sorry Duaneo not all of us have a Double Barrel hahahaha knob!

Guest Omega Man

sorry Duaneo not all of us have a Double Barrel hahahaha knob!

Hahahaha. it's such a sick shock bru.

Nige get one for masters next year,do it green and gold. But if you finish off the podium you will look like a toss

i'll see - i just dont want it to splinter mid run and then i loose out altogether .... :whistling: