cat-i

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if I climb over the fence ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Was there yesterday, and rode the first section of singletrack where the concrete is. Was slightly disappointed, but the other erosion measures - lines of rocks crossing the trails - actually make a different "challenge".

On the other hand, it was the first time I rode the singletrack that starts at the bottom of the climb along the Klapperkop side of the reserve. That was cool. Roundabouts and swings…?

• 2 months later...

Rode Groenkloof for the first time in a while yesterday. Rocks on side of track are quite a pain :( but fortunately not too much of this. One cool thing is that they have added a whole lot of track on the north end of the park :thumbup: Instead of taking the wooden bridge along the fence, took the new right fork up the hill. Also did some of the new tracks on the R21 side of this koppie. All good stuff. Quite rough and technical but all ridable :clap: Think this more than makes up for the spoiled track :)

Imagine that. Next they are probably going take all the trees and put them in a tree museum and ask us a dollar to see them. Crazy stuff.

A dollar and a half dude.

Yeah that new piece next to the bridge is nice, and no, it isn't hiking trail...

+1. Can be a bit of a lung buster but its all good.

Just been to groenkloof. First time in months and a big thumbs up to the new tracks.

Now we don't have to ride that boring hill along the R21, but can ride all the new nice singletrack.

Groennies is def one of the best mtb places in pta

Just been to groenkloof. First time in months and a big thumbs up to the new tracks.

Now we don't have to ride that boring hill along the R21, but can ride all the new nice singletrack.

Groennies is def one of the best mtb places in pta

Also went there for a ride this morning, nice singletrack especially the rocky bits down south.

...I think I saw you stewie...pushing your bike up the hill..??? :P

no ways. I never push my bike :) . Was riding from about 9:00am

You were riding an all mountain bike in lycra, anything is possible !

You were riding an all mountain bike in lycra, anything is possible !

Hey shoosh. At least I could wave at the roadies on my way home.

Getting some baggies real soon

You sure those weren't the hiking trails

The hiking trails are good too :) Will take a while to explore the new stuff though

NCR but Groenies related....

Anyone know about the Trail Run at Groenies on Sunday 5th December? Heard about it but I can't find any details online....