anyone been to groenkloof lately?

cat-i

If they paved it because as they claim it is to stop errosion then so it be , if it gets done because somebody could not ride it then it will be a sad day for mtb'ing !

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent 4 1/2 hours of riding there on Saturday... I think I do know most of the trails - both ways - I also ride there in the weekdays or past to Klapperkop. There are minimal new sections build-up with rock and the 1st section on your left when you leave the bike hire area has a few concrete "steps" which is more difficult than the old bare path... in my opinion anyway. The section next to the fence (Botha Ave way) is also a change for the good - portage was a requirement 9/10 times - now rideable.

I think the guys at Groenkloof are doing a fantastic job at maintaining the trails! I ride there or past there at least 3 days in a week and they are always busy repairing, cutting trees, cleaning etc. Well done to the guys there!

not paved like in stones but rida-ability improved for the strugglers.

is also a change for the good - portage was a requirement 9/10 times - now rideable.

I very much hope that the changes was not made to 'improve' the trails for the 'strugglers' but rather to prevent erosion

how will i ever improve my riding skills if i'm never challenged?

not paved like in stones but rida-ability improved for the strugglers.

is also a change for the good - portage was a requirement 9/10 times - now rideable.

I very much hope that the changes was not made to 'improve' the trails for the 'strugglers' but rather to prevent erosion

how will i ever improve my riding skills if i'm never challenged?

I have often felt that the section against the fence was going to erode and undercut the fence when it rains heavily. This would put the security of the reserve at risk so in my opinion the council should take credit for taking preventative measures. Yes it has changed the descent but that is a small price to pay.

Well done, council, well done!

They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot… <_<

Imagine that. Next they are probably going take all the trees and put them in a tree museum and ask us a dollar to see them. Crazy stuff.

IMO rather they do something before it all washes away and we have a few pieces of more tame trail than sitting with nothing at all. See they are actually using that R25 you pay everytime :)

. It;s necessary to preserve the trail as far as possible.

Good for them and it's good for us in the end. I pay the R25 with a smile.

This might be a bit of a hijack, but isn't the R25 getting a bit steep? Does anybody know how much the year ticket (or something like that) is?

This might be a bit of a hijack, but isn't the R25 getting a bit steep? Does anybody know how much the year ticket (or something like that) is?

Year ticket I think is R550. I'm also looking at buying one. I will save a lot of money

I go there AT LEAST twice a week, so thats R200 per month. R2400 per year. . .

Where do you get this year ticket thingy?

I go there AT LEAST twice a week, so thats R200 per month. R2400 per year. . .

Where do you get this year ticket thingy?

You buy the ticket at the main Fountains gate.