Ivo Vegter

fandacious

His latest.... Apologies if this has been posted before.

http://www.thedailym...a-strikes-again

NB: It's a long read!

50 hours.....

I saw this come out on tuesday, and wondered how long it would take till someone revived this thread. Luckily it seems no-one really gives a crap about this id10t and his rants.

incidentally, the DM is quite a good recap of what's happening - take it with a pinch of salt if you must. sign up for their morning email here

http://www.thedailymaverick.co.za/page/Subscribe-to-First-Thing

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

planet rugby used to do some awesome player lookalikes...remember percy and johhny bravo particularly

inspired by that........

post-1830-0-36294500-1290675660.jpg

The more people rant about him, the more ammo he has to write more drivel.

At least half of that article is belittling everything that has been said about him.

Clearly he thrives on the reactions.

Best to ignore him.

:cursing: What this idiot does not understand is that the roads belong to the people that own them and pay for them, the cyclests are those people too. What an oppinionated right a$$h0le!!Miserable little whimp that needs to experience life. There is more to life than sitting and writting crap for some unknown virtual newspaper. Respond to that a$$hole!!

Stop been so defensive and you will see the humour.

I think its quite a chuckle, its well written, uses perfect language, and has a humorous base.

The guy has an excellant command of the english language and uses it effectively to put his point across in a light hearted slightly sarcastic manner, you dont have to agree with him, he dosnt even expect it, but you have to see the thought and humour in the copy.

I might even subscribe to his column, he reminds me a bit of a younger Ben Trovato, before he became an extreme left wing, anti semetic tree hugger, now his column is just stupid and in my opinion a waste of space.

His offensive, grumpy-old-man piece on the 94.7 ended with the sentence: "The next cyclist I see dies." In the current climate of carnage on our roads, cyclists cannot be blamed for taking that as a death threat. There was little irony in his writing, it was a weak, vitriolic piece I would say bordered on hate speech, not just "opinion".

A comment like that is criminal..... I am sure a complaint can be made by 94.7 to the Media Complants Council (correct name????) Vermin like him should be dealt with within the law as hard as possible!!!!!!

A comment like that is criminal..... I am sure a complaint can be made by 94.7 to the Media Complants Council (correct name????) Vermin like him should be dealt with within the law as hard as possible!!!!!!

Thanks for showing that you didn't read the article link. You should really think first before commenting on things that you don't know about.

planet rugby used to do some awesome player lookalikes...remember percy and johhny bravo particularly

inspired by that........

I call my wife..... my secretary...."my precious" in Schmiegel's/Gollum's voice!!!!

Uh,Uh Big H, he explained in the latest column (link here somewhere) that the relevant piece was extracted from a private e-mail he wrote to a few friends.

It was not, and was never intended to be a public piece, however the person (he assumes a cyclist) who somehow got hold of the e-mail, felt it was incumbent on him to make it public on a forum - I assume here, although I didnt see it - anyway, of course a whole bunch of indignant cyclists got their feathers into a tither and started threatening him, sending offensive e-mails and SMS's etc, never once looking further to see where this piece came from, was it a public piece, was it a private piece, Nope, that didnt cross their minds.

The person making it public (which if the e-mail was private is also guilty of an offense) was a cyclist (so he must be right, not so?) and the person writing it was not - so obviously he is at fault, I mean he isnt a cyclist, how on earth could he have any integrity.?

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Thanks for showing that you didn't read the article link. You should really think first before commenting on things that you don't know about.

Pxxpxl (I almost called you poepol) did you read the posting by Planet X..... it has nothing to do with the link but to save you the trouble ..... here it is......

His offensive, grumpy-old-man piece on the 94.7 ended with the sentence: "The next cyclist I see dies."

Edited by Big H

Pxxpxl (I almost called you poepol) did you read the posting by Planet X..... it has nothing to do with the link but to save you the trouble ..... here it is......

His offensive, grumpy-old-man piece on the 94.7 ended with the sentence: "The next cyclist I see dies."

Call me what you want, I think it's pretty obvious who the poephol* here is.

Yes I saw what Planet X wrote, you've quoted it twice now. It's now a quote of a quote of a quote taken out of context that was never published.

Thanks for 'saving me the trouble' anyway.

Thanks again for not reading the link, and still maintaining your hardline attitude.

Thanks for not reading grumpyoldguy's explanation, 'saving you the trouble' of putting two and two together.

*surprisingly it's not Ivo Vegter

Could someone be so kind and go stick a dummy into Ivo's mouth and throw his toys back into his cot so that he has something to play with instead of his weeny.