Ivo Vegter

fandacious

Does anyone know who he is? Anyone care?

he made a sweeping statement about cyclists on twitter and I took him up on it - he got rather defensive

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't the first time he's said something. He's a journalist for Brainstorm magazine I think, bit of a w@nker i would say.

This isn't the first time he's said something. He's a journalist for Brainstorm magazine I think, bit of a w@nker i would say.

agree with Velo - he put is foot in it while back as well - he is IT journo and also think he writes for itweb

A few years ago he made a big thing about the 94.7 road closures . He is a twat and I am surprised he still works for those publications after the last incidents .

he's an arrogant prick of note. no wonder he received death threats from multiple cyclists and had to get the cops involved

fkn wanker

He is a columnist for an online mag - www.thedailymaverick.co.za. It used to be a print mag, went under and now they are back online. Always controversial columns

I couldn't find the cylist rant you were referring to, but he does appear to look a lot like Gollum.

Ivo, if you're out there.

a)get a real name

b)go outside sometime

c)stop being so angry(b might help with that)

I couldn't find the cylist rant you were referring to, but he does appear to look a lot like Gollum.

Ivo, if you're out there.

a)get a real name

b)go outside sometime

c)stop being so angry(b might help with that)

Weak. And no cyclists. RT @TimesLIVE: Oliver Roberts lists 40 individuals who would make us happier by not being aroundhttp://bit.ly/aZtaZW

after that there was backwards and forwards between @zayinkrige & @ivovegter

Guest teh_runnah

http://ivo.co.za/about/

"Who am I? This is not an existential question. I’m Ivo Vegter. I write and argue for fun and profit. I’m Dutch by birth, but grew up in South Africa, where I now live and work as a columnist and magazine journalist"

Guest teh_runnah

He trolls for an argument. Better not to feed him. He should go away then.

Took me a while to work it out,but that's very lame. All he did was add cyclists to a list that already included everyone. If this is what twitter is used for, then I don't mind not being on it.

Handbags at 10 spacebars if I ever saw it.

Took me a while to work it out,but that's very lame. All he did was add cyclists to a list that already included everyone. If this is what twitter is used for, then I don't mind not being on it.

Handbags at 10 spacebars if I ever saw it.

I use it to follow some pros and races when I'm nowhere near a computer.

These fights pop up all the time on twitter. The funniest/saddest at the moment is some dude called @Spottercatcher, who is taunting @PigSpotter. Time to do my weekly "unfollow"… :P

Ivo is a friend of mine, very intelligent writer. He is entitled to his opinion and sadly, the piss poor behaviour of cyclists in general gives him plenty of ammo. Death threats for someone voicing an opinion using logic and observation? Come people.

Unfortunately I don't know the whole story. Except that multiple parties issued death threats. He promised to send me the offending link but I haven't seen it yet

You have to be a pretty decent troll if lots of people want to kill you

I actually agreed with him that cyclists are their own worst enemies. However it goes both ways. I am the most courteous careful considerate rider when I'm on my bike. I have never had any incidents (except when racing). I take exception to be painted with the same brush

So why not say all writers are sensationalist seeking half wits who manufacture stories, seeing as we're going that route

If he is so intelligent, why troll?