Seriously!?!?!?! You don't know how to change a flat?!?!?!

Disylizzy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Lesotho, cyclists don't use spare tubes or patches - too expensive. They take a smallish tub (not tube - tub) of glue, an old piece of tube and a knife to cut into patches.

Shame the national champion came to visit me in my office recently and the whole tub of glue had opened and spilt in his back pocket. :D

Stop it, I'm serious!

Yes, but which one are you?

Miley or Billy Ray?

WTF - You'd better be Miley. I'd rather go to jail than to hell for all eternity.

I dont classify myself as a cyclist but I do love getting on my bike and going on a off road adventures when I have time.

I dont recognise myself as a cyclist because I dont have all the equipment like cleats and shoes,I dont know all the temonology that flys around and dont really get all the specs I always read but I can maintain my own bike and replace my flats and fix them.

In other words I agree,If you dont know how to fix a tier you cant be called a cyclist and if you can then I am pro.Its just like people calling them IT experts because they know how to write a word document and use Google,it pisses me off like you cant believe!

You'll be surprised how many people don't know how to fix a puncture. They have no clue how to properly get the patch to stick. My guess is that most people who change tubes rather than fix punctures fall in this category.

Hi Johan

I would be so bold to say 7 /10 cyclists throw away punctured tubes as opposed to fixing flats, absolutely insane. R3SL

A tip then Ratty, don't help any girl/women who weighs less than you do because they will leave you in their dust.

May I share my story?

My wife got a flat at the Nissan Cullinan race. Dude stopped to help her. My wife said the second he started, she knew she was in trouble.

To make a long story short - he ruined a presta tube by totally unscrewing that little thingy on top of the valve and thus dropped the valve core into the tube. He tried bombing it. But is soon as he took the bomb off the tube deflated. DUH!!!

The best part was however that he managed to put in one of his tubes into her bikes rim. How he did it, only he will know: His tube had a schreader valve!

Took him 25minutes!

May I share my story?

My wife got a flat at the Nissan Cullinan race. Dude stopped to help her. My wife said the second he started, she knew she was in trouble.

To make a long story short - he ruined a presta tube by totally unscrewing that little thingy on top of the valve and thus dropped the valve core into the tube. He tried bombing it. But is soon as he took the bomb off the tube deflated. DUH!!!

The best part was however that he managed to put in one of his tubes into her bikes rim. How he did it, only he will know: His tube had a schreader valve!

Took him 25minutes!

A for effort F for execution, btw is your wife hot, gorgious women have been known to impede a man's technical ability,

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an over-reaction don't you think?

Couldn't you have just given her a stiff talking to? B)

Bwahahahaaaa! Took a moment to get it but very good... :P

met a guy in delta park that wanted to know whether i had a tube that he could use - i ride tubeless and carry only one tube; felt very bad afterwards that i said know (but couldn't see myself in the dark 10 kms from home with a flat wheel and no spare and no-one to call to come fetch me) ... i still carry only one, so next time i'm most likely gonna have to refuse to help hom again :(

Even though I don’t think this should be an excuse, I have found that some girls are not strong enough to change a tube. Putting the last bit of the tyre back on the rim is where most seem to fall short. Patching is a whole different story, I haven’t met a lady cyclist yet who understands that or even owns a patch kit...

aaaaaawwwwwww meis you can't have many girl cycling friends, do you?

OR wait - i know! you're gorgeous and they all just want you to feel like their hero for rescuing them :D

Tomorrow the wife gets a lesson on fixing flats, what else could I teach/show her for when shes out & about ?:unsure: