Mr Price GT

mikkelz

To the two Mr Price GT guys riding on their MTB's, side-by-side along Spaanschemat River Road before the Tokai Road circle at 1:20pm today, please think about all the **** that's currently going on with cyclists and motorists at the moment before you hit the road again. rolleyes.gif

That road is narrow enough as it is for cyclists riding in single file if there are motorists there, so to ride side-by-side is just plain stupid, especially seeing as you're on MTB's and there is that dirt road run-off to the side of the road. Lastly, if you're out riding in your club/team/sponsored kit - you really should be setting an exemplary example to the public. dry.gif

Rock out!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont you hate it when you come accross guys on MTB and they on the road when there;s a path to be ridden

To the two Mr Price GT guys riding on their MTB's, side-by-side along Spaanschemat River Road before the Tokai Road circle at 1:20pm today, please think about all the **** that's currently going on with cyclists and motorists at the moment before you hit the road again. rolleyes.gif

That road is narrow enough as it is for cyclists riding in single file if there are motorists there, so to ride side-by-side is just plain stupid, especially seeing as you're on MTB's and there is that dirt road run-off to the side of the road. Lastly, if you're out riding in your club/team/sponsored kit - you really should be setting an exemplary example to the public. dry.gif

Rock out!

Sometimes I think cyclist really just sit on their brains... nothing can replace good ol' common sense... :angry:

They probably just wanted to look like pro's :mellow:

well it basically boils down to a thing called natural selection? and a question we need to ask ourselves, "do we really want those peoples genetics in our population" lol

if a two people want to ride side by side next to each other on a narrow road ( mountainbiker or roadie) let them, because nothing will change their mindset, so just let nature takes its course and remove their genetics from the population. LOL :lol:

ok but in all seriousness now, come on guys lets not ride side by side on narrow roads, me as a mountainbiker (in a car) seriously doesn't mind sharing the road with roadies, just dont be silly when there is no yellow lane and its a single lane both ways.

Yeah, this was meant to be a friendly reminder to all, especially those flaunting their sponsored kit. :)

If we can in any way do *anything* to help how cyclists are being perceived by the general public and motorists, we should, even if we have "valid" and "legal" and "justified" answers/reasons for some of our behaviour. The more aggression we create, the more we put the lives of cyclists at risk. Even if we are sometimes rightfully entitled to something, it doesn't help the greater cause to always insist on it. My only point, as stated in the beginning of this (friendly :-) rant, is that we would do well to make some effort to keep our side as clean as possible. The intolerance toward cyclists are visibly growing, and in small (and sometimes bigger) ways, we contribute some fuel to the prevailing sentiment. I will also be the first to say, I am not entirely guiltless - but I am trying "to be better" ;-)

They probably just wanted to look like pro's :mellow:

I think you hit the nail on the head.......

U guys jealous,because they get stuff free? Sounds like it! Enjoy the weekend riding guys :-)

If we can in any way do *anything* to help how cyclists are being perceived by the general public and motorists, we should, even if we have "valid" and "legal" and "justified" answers/reasons for some of our behaviour. The more aggression we create, the more we put the lives of cyclists at risk. Even if we are sometimes rightfully entitled to something, it doesn't help the greater cause to always insist on it. My only point, as stated in the beginning of this (friendly :-) rant, is that we would do well to make some effort to keep our side as clean as possible. The intolerance toward cyclists are visibly growing, and in small (and sometimes bigger) ways, we contribute some fuel to the prevailing sentiment. I will also be the first to say, I am not entirely guiltless - but I am trying "to be better" ;-)

Why not just not do it, how hard can it really be to ride in single file? This isnt rocket science here, do you not think it was instilled in our brains enough from walking around the corridors of school:huh: Just my 2c, please dont thnink Im attacking you in any way, just a friendly "why" :P

[/b]

Why not just not do it, how hard can it really be to ride in single file? This isnt rocket science here, do you not think it was instilled in our brains enough from walking around the corridors of school:huh: Just my 2c, please dont thnink Im attacking you in any way, just a friendly "why" :P

No offense taken, I think it's a good point.

My cycling mostly consist of commuting solo, so "confession" of guilt did not refer to the issue of single file. That is just one issue though. Skipping robots is another, using the middle finger and shouting at motorists another .... and so we can create a list of such things.

The robot one, specifically, is one I used to do. I would slow down and check whether it's safe first, and if so, I would just carry on over. But because of all the bad vibes between cyclists and motorists, and because it is simply the right thing to do, I have decided (earlier this year) to always stop at a robot, even if it is safe to cross.

So yes, I agree totally with your sentiment that we should "just not do it" in cases such as single file and robots where it's a simple decision. But in cases that involve road rage (from either cyclist or motorist) sometimes our anger overrules our ability to make rational decisions in the heat of the moment ... those may take some practice and temperance to eventually tone down to correct responses. Fortunately I rarely find myself there, although on occasion I do come close, and it is here that I can always work on "becoming better" :-)

No offense taken, I think it's a good point.

My cycling mostly consist of commuting solo, so "confession" of guilt did not refer to the issue of single file. That is just one issue though. Skipping robots is another, using the middle finger and shouting at motorists another .... and so we can create a list of such things.

The robot one, specifically, is one I used to do. I would slow down and check whether it's safe first, and if so, I would just carry on over. But because of all the bad vibes between cyclists and motorists, and because it is simply the right thing to do, I have decided (earlier this year) to always stop at a robot, even if it is safe to cross.

So yes, I agree totally with your sentiment that we should "just not do it" in cases such as single file and robots where it's a simple decision. But in cases that involve road rage (from either cyclist or motorist) sometimes our anger overrules our ability to make rational decisions in the heat of the moment ... those may take some practice and temperance to eventually tone down to correct responses. Fortunately I rarely find myself there, although on occasion I do come close, and it is here that I can always work on "becoming better" :-)

Trust me after cycling/commuting in London for 10 years, I have used the finger many many wonderful times & also used some very colourful language as well to get my point across. I think that if a motorist has endangered your life & vice versa by driving like an idiot they should know about it, possibly the cursing part & hand gestures could be toned down:lol: Its just the cycling side by side I even get annoyed with(being a cyclist) or the complete disregard for road rules that grates my cheese. Its when someone has done something wrong then they have no right to peed off when I flick them the bird and tell them there mother does this and that.

Why even cycle side by side, youre not there for a chat anyway? Or do you wanna feel like a pro or like the cops from C.H.I.P.S:unsure: