CSA Licensing

Spark

CSA sanctioning is given to races to ensure that the organisers stick to certain minimum requirements. There used to be requirements on the old csa site, but since the redesign you can't find anything on there.

The big problem is that organiser aren't reported if the screw up, so they're given licenses year after year.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why Sani2C is not a Sanctioned event? As no License is required to do the event. Do they just pay over a lumpsum to CSA or is it due to them being involved with charity and the community?

Oh, hang on 94.7 is also a charity drive.......

Nothing to do with charity. A sanctioned event organiser is supposed to check all riders, and charge them day licenses if they're not licensed. Those fees are paid over to CSA (theoretically - a number of races keeps the money to build pools)

If they're not santioned this year I have a sneaky suspicion that mtb plans to walk away from the CSA

It's for insurance purposes aswell. If you get hurt during a race you can claim compensation from CSA.

It's for insurance purposes aswell. If you get hurt during a race you can claim compensation from CSA.

They clearly don't make that public knowledge! on their TB for Jan - Aug 2010 they payed out R39365.33 Insurace (which may not even be medical).

Medical payouts should be in their TB and this amount for 8 month is not very high.

Either their no-one got hurt

They keep the medical ensurace very low key

or they don't pay out

No, don't think so. Anyone tried this?

So on a Cyclosport license or the "CSA member" you can not compete at national Championships. Like MTN National series.

Members cannot partake in any events not sanctioned by CSA.

Latrinus, you are on the inside. How about a simple straight forward explanation on 2011 lincences. I'm a social rider that want to do average 8 - 10 races a year. What fees must I pay and to whom. I have already paid R75.00 CSA membership for next year through my entry for the Argus. What else will I need (club CGA ......)

So on a Cyclosport license or the "CSA member" you can not compete at national Championships. Like MTN National series.

Members cannot partake in any events not sanctioned by CSA.

National champs are the once of events to determine the national champs and who wheres the bands for a year.

Latrinus, you are on the inside. How about a simple straight forward explanation on 2011 lincences. I'm a social rider that want to do average 8 - 10 races a year. What fees must I pay and to whom. I have already paid R75.00 CSA membership for next year through my entry for the Argus. What else will I need (club CGA ......)

The Argus entry paid CSA. As you are in Gauteng(I presume). I doubt they paid the affilication to each province (CGC). I guess you need to pay R75 to them too else the province will not issue your license.

So as a Sanctioned event the Argus is covered they have paid CSA but you will prop not get your license as your province will reject it as they want their R75. That said, you will most likley be allowed to ride the Argus. Just your license card will never pitch.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here....

The rumour mill says all licensed riders will bet categorised for next year. So in other words no more age groups.In the categories only teams will be allowed to race. Teams must consist of 4 riders. If more than 4 riders number five must be under 26 years of age. If more than five riders in a team number six must be BEE. Each team must have a manager, director sportif and mechanic. Thats what the rumour mill says!

Rumour mills are normally a pound of bull**** to be taken with a pinch of salt. They muddy the already murky waters.

All I want is a straight forward description of the process and what the benefits/rules are.

Simplicity, it cuts out so much chaff.

so, as just average Joe, that enjoys cycling, it is advisable to join CSA, to avoid the pain of taking out a day licence? But, for the mommy's and daddy's, and 'fun rider', licencing, or affiliation is a right royal pain in the a$$.

Latrinus, you are on the inside.

Hi, no, I am not on the inside anymore.....one thing that is a definite is that you won;t get your license, no matter how you ordered it, if you do not pay CGC their R75 towards their executives' remuneration packages..... :)

If, however, you're not in Jozi, the crime capital of Africa, you should get your lic without too much of a fuss.

(Always see CSA as a slow-moving government-mentality-agency, then it is much easier to deal with.)

Carinus - enjoying it on the "outside" for a bit.