Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on a Niner EMD9 frame for a SS?

Not the new hydro formed frame. The old school, round tubes...

Hey ryan...yea me again....its a pearl. Here is mine and loving it to bits. Remember its not a SS specific frame so you are going to have to get a tensioner.

post-9825-0-88541800-1352436975_thumb.jpg

Finally completed her last night. Her name is Liela

The wheels are old. Don't have the bucks now to buy new hoops as well. Stem is loaner from other bike. Until I find correct length (Thomson 90mm?)

Still to be done: get a stem, XT ice tech rotors and get rid of the creak

Longer term changes: get a Lefty and new wheels

And take her for a proper ride this weekend :-)

post-5125-0-21479100-1352436627_thumb.jpg

The wheels are old. Don't have the bucks now to buy new hoops as well. Stem is loaner from other bike. Until I find correct length (Thomson 90mm?)

I like....I want. Mooi ou pietas...geniet

Hey ryan...yea me again....its a pearl. Here is mine and loving it to bits. Remember its not a SS specific frame so you are going to have to get a tensioner.

Thanks Rouxtjie... It'll be the same as my Cotic, running a tensioner... I can pick up the frame cheap cheap and was thinking of building it rigid...

PS: Your bike looks awesome thumbup1.gif Sort out those brake hoses though - you gonna strangle yourself!

Edited by Ryanpmb

Thanks Rouxtjie... It'll be the same as my Cotic, running a tensioner... I can pick up the frame cheap cheap and was thinking of building it rigid...

PS: Your bike looks awesome thumbup1.gif Sort out those brake hoses though - you gonna strangle yourself!

Go for it man...the EMD is great frame for a SS project. Oh yea the brake hoses was cut a long time ago, that pic was when she was all of about 10 hours old...she is alot dirtier now. PS that is the 1/8 halflink chain I am running...

Go for it man...the EMD is great frame for a SS project. Oh yea the brake hoses was cut a long time ago, that pic was when she was all of about 10 hours old...she is alot dirtier now. PS that is the 1/8 halflink chain I am running...

You fixed them hoses after how many rides? ha ha

You fixed them hoses after how many rides? ha ha

3...ok 4, couldn't do nissan VG like that...that would have meant double spykerbombs. Oi what are you doing on this fred, this is where people with SS bikes hang out....what is your excuse devil.gif

I have a yellow Qhubeka SS bike that I have............ read earlier posts to check that puppy out clap.gif almost crashed twice in the complex testing it out. Going to be an interesting 94.7. I think it has 44 x 22 gearing

I have a yellow Qhubeka SS bike that I have............ read earlier posts to check that puppy out clap.gif almost crashed twice in the complex testing it out. Going to be an interesting 94.7. I think it has 44 x 22 gearing

lekker, heard they are ubber light those....44 x 22...2:1............easy man. Its the back pedal brake that I would be worried about. FIXIEEEEEEEEEEE

You have no idea if your feet are not at 3 and 9 pm you have no braking power and you naturally want to back pedal. I thought they were 20kg but it seems with the carrier it is way more. Will put it onto the scale this weekend. Cool thing is you need 1 spanner. A number 13 does all thumbup1.gif and while trying to get the saddle height and handle bars right you just stop, kick down the stand work on it jump on push forward and flicks up and away you go...... Sounds like a perfect Criticalmass bike

You have no idea if your feet are not at 3 and 9 pm you have no braking power and you naturally want to back pedal. I thought they were 20kg but it seems with the carrier it is way more. Will put it onto the scale this weekend. Cool thing is you need 1 spanner. A number 13 does all thumbup1.gif and while trying to get the saddle height and handle bars right you just stop, kick down the stand work on it jump on push forward and flicks up and away you go...... Sounds like a perfect Criticalmass bike

I agree....mmmm now where to put the keg. You have unfortunenately spoiled me now gords and I will be intensily upset if you don't rock another 5L heineken next time, oh it must be cold like last month in its bed of ice....if we can mount 2 opticals on either side of the cooler box(1 for cane and the other for brandy) and have a few cans of cream soda and coke...you will be a proper mobile bar....Larry can I have a double john deer please?

The bike I have has solid steel tubing bike rack and stand. Adds on some serious Kg's to the bike but could take a 10litre keg. Just don't think I would get up the hills

A Maverick DUC32 would be pretty good on the front too

Rouxtjie, dis 'n Fouriers 34 T. Kom van Cape Cycle Systems. Single speed blade. Dangle het dit voorgestel.