Selling Fake Goods - Illegal

Fast R

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with fake stuff as long as they are advertised as fakes and the price match it. "Team Replica" is different then "Team knock-offs". Replicas mean it is still made by the original people and look like the original. Knock-offs are just that, bad quality fakes.

Hi everyone,

The posts in question have been removed.

Please make use of the 'Report' feature if you come across any suspicious items for sale or otherwise objectional posts / spam / etc. This will alert the admin team immediately so that we can take action if necessary.

For those you don't know, the Report button appears on the left underneath every post:

report.png

Thanks

I don't have a problem with fake stuff as long as they are advertised as fakes and the price match it. "Team Replica" is different then "Team knock-offs". Replicas mean it is still made by the original people and look like the original. Knock-offs are just that, bad quality fakes.

As a importer of a genuine brand of cycling clothing, I have no problem with cheap, fake imports. What I do have a problem with is the fact that this dude with the team kits is not playing by the rules. The price of the kits suggest that they are being imported illegally i.e. without customs and SARS being aware of the fact that its clothing thats in the boxes and not bike parts. I can assure you that if customs are made aware that its clothing, they'll kick his ass big time. Why, as an official importer must I pay up to 45% duties and this dude not. Hell, if I did not have to pay 45% duties I too could sell GENUINE team kits direct to you guys at those prices too!!!!

You so right. There's nothing wrong with telling the truth. It does not hurt anyone. Sometimes it helps sell a item better.

@ the end one gets what you pay for.

You so right. There's nothing wrong with telling the truth. It does not hurt anyone. Sometimes it helps sell a item better.

@ the end one gets what you pay for.

hehehe clint i couldn't help but imagine the powerbalance band guy telling the truth, and how it would up his sales :D...

But "Fast R" up your post count before we take you s-e-r-i-o-u-s

Hijack on

I'm about to be crucified for this, I know, but why is it only those with a high post count that can add anything meaningful to the Hub? This is the second time in 2 days that you've told someone to up their post count before contributing. Without the contribution, you cannot up your post count, unless you post meaningless drivel on every thread you read.

Maybe I should start a thread in the technical section asking what is a acceptable post count before being allowed to post...

Hijack off

Hijack on

I'm about to be crucified for this, I know, but why is it only those with a high post count that can add anything meaningful to the Hub? This is the second time in 2 days that you've told someone to up their post count before contributing. Without the contribution, you cannot up your post count, unless you post meaningless drivel on every thread you read.

Maybe I should start a thread in the technical section asking what is a acceptable post count before being allowed to post...

Hijack off

we used to have a post whore thread for that kinds of crap, wonder what happened to it? :huh:

Hijack on

Hijack off

Are you s-e-r-i-o-u-s, up your post count first :)

Its a bit of forum joke I guess. We where all once low posters, but I guess we do get a bit peed when low posters start going Ape on the Hub and get critical of other Hubbers and especially the Way of The Hub.

Edited by cbrunsdon

Are you s-e-r-i-o-u-s, up your post count first :)

Its a bit of forum joke I guess. We where all once low posters, but I guess we do get a bit peed when low posters start going Ape on the Hub and get critical of other Hubbers and especially the Way of The Hub.

+1 on my post count, slowly but surely getting there ;)

I know that it is part of the "Way of The Hub", but what is the magic number? I read a lot of the threads, take what's useful out of them, and contribute where I think that I may have value to add. I am always wary of what I post though, as I don't need to be abused.

On this thread, the poster was not going Ape, and was not specifically critical of any other Hubbers, his comments are fairly general, at least thats how I read them.

If you've not already done so, please go and tell "mate" on the "KCNC by Paragon" thread to go and up his post count... :unsure:

Edited by Stretched@Birth

I think that the post count dig had more to do with the fact that somebody with a low post count weighed in, out of the blue, without a link to the offending thread and just started pontificating.

cbrunsdon's comment was perhaps a tad naughty, but as internet criticsm goes, it was pretty gentle.

And just to be clear - each post on the Hub has to stand or fall on its own merits. You can be a cycling god and post total balls. A post count in the gazillions does not indicate quality.

Oh, and the KCNC CHAIN GUY REFERRED TO EARLIER got torn a whole new one...no need to comment on post count there!

Let's not take any of this too seriously, shall we? It's not as though it matters.

Edited by bikemonster

I think that the post count dig had more to do with the fact that somebody with a low post count weighed in, out of the blue, without a link to the offending thread and just started pontificating.

cbrunsdon's comment was perhaps a tad naughty, but as internet criticsm goes, it was pretty gentle.

And just to be clear - each post on the Hub has to stand or fall on its own merits. You can be a cycling god and post total balls. A post count in the gazillions does not indicate quality.

Oh, and the KCNC CHAIN GUY REFERRED TO EARLIER got torn a whole new one...no need to comment on post count there!

Let's not take any of this too seriously, shall we? It's not as though it matters.

"I create feelings in others they themselves don't understand." - You've done it again.. :)

I'm over it, and have moved on (oh, and +1 on my post count...)

my fake Spez kit i bought after 4 washes is now pink

its cause we entertain and support such K that it survives