Ironman is for sissies

fandacious

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest agteros

i agree with the title. biggest bunch of posers in world sport.

It must be the cyclists amongst them that pose so much! <_< ;) :D :lol:

The runners just get on with the job :thumbup:

Oh wow, not sure why but the temptation is so strong to turn this post into a 400 page religious debate.

Its been ages since the last hub fight, must be at least a couple of days.

Oh wow, not sure why but the temptation is so strong to turn this post into a 400 page religious debate.

Hahaha... At the very least we could discuss who are the "real" athletes - swimmers, bikers, or runners...

Guest agteros

Restoration of world order... world peace ... normal state of things ;)

Actually just an observation borne out of the fact that runners are less obsessed with their (and OTHERS) shoes than what cyclists are with their (and others) bicycles :)

Remember: It is NOT about the bike. Maybe it is about the needl[e/ing]?

Guest agteros

Hahaha... At the very least we could discuss who are the "real" athletes - swimmers, bikers, or runners...

Ironman 2009 World Champ stats, using 1653 complete results of those that completed the event http://ironman.com/e...m#axzz12jaESvgJ

44% had the run as their best discipline

31% had the swim as their best discipline

25% had the cycle as their best discipline

'their best' being the highest position overall for the specific discipline within the competition

Guess the saying that the ironman is a running event, where you have to swim and cycle to get to the start is true? ;)

Edited by agteros

Guest agteros

True , it's about the Vibram's.

Those things are too expensive, the latest craze seems to homemade be "Jesus sandals"

Those things are too expensive, the latest craze seems to homemade be "Jesus sandals"

If you google the book born to run you will find various links to places selling sandals.

Malkoppe I tell you, the Vibram's at least have tread and they keep the foot quite secure, closest to running barefoot, especially the Bikila.