R30,000 to spend

FatBoyDrunk

Have a mate who also claimed from Outsurance earlier this year and they gave him the money to spend where he wished.

Cycle Lab are crazy with their prices.

Shop around.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What bike are is it you are replacing ... if your old bike was a Brand x then surely you can insist you get you get a Brand X bike again from a dealer that stocks it and not be forced to buy a Brand Y because the insurance guys have a good deal running with Cyclelab?

Or you could PM ASG and see what specials he has on Pinarellos. That thread seems to have vanished into thin air

What bike are is it you are replacing ... if your old bike was a Brand x then surely you can insist you get you get a Brand X bike again from a dealer that stocks it and not be forced to buy a Brand Y because the insurance guys have a good deal running with Cyclelab?

Exactly, So many people in the same bed it seems :o

I also claimed through outsurance. i got a call from one of the big bike shops that couldn't replace my bike (no longer available) but offered me a similar giant, after i checked the specs i complained that they were inferior (basicly 105 instead of ultegra).

The ultegra specced Giant was worth a lot more than my bike was insured.

So they paid me out the sum insured!

so... insist cyclelab gives you the brand/spec etc that you had... if they cant do it outsurance will pay you out the R30k :thumbup:

The insurance company negotiates with the shop to get a discount for EFT.

So instead of you getting the cash and shopping around for the best deal, you lose out on the cash discount.

And in this case have VERY limited choice.

A mate of mine had major fights with Outsurance. After asking nicely for the payout several times, he threatened to get the ombusdman involved as he was losing out.

Voila! Cash in the bank and he shopped around and got a great deal on a new bike elsewhere.

lots of approved service providers in the motor industry invoice your clsim fot example to you for R20 000 but then they give the insurance company a discount not you. Could this be happening here?

Aside from insurance claims, What about a Merida. If you stuck with Cycle-lab they stock merida and you can get a scultura 907-com for +-R28 000. Got a Merida 96 MTB and love it. :thumbup:

Or you could PM ASG and see what specials he has on Pinarellos. That thread seems to have vanished into thin air

That is strange, I wonder why? :unsure:

FatBoyDrunk

Give me a call on 083 6404823 if you have a problem with the insurance company.

OK, I'll see if they let me shop around.

What kind of road bikes do you have for R30,000?

Outsurance

Bought my Merida 906 (2011 model) last month from Cycle Zone in Rustenburg R 22 000 Full Ultegra,he was way cheaper then most in Pta and Joburg