Cycling SA 2011 Road Racing Regulations

Pundit

That is such a load of polony. So if I want to support my grandma's kerkbasaar pretry in Tweebuffelsmeteenkoeelmorsdoodgeskietfontein I will get a fine?

Yup.

The Kremetart comes to mind.......same story every year!!! :thumbdown:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that seems a good summary of the implications for vets 30+ spidey. for the other vets 40's will need to be part of a Top Team (see above for criteria) or else they will ride seeded. Vets 50+ etc will all ride seeded. Once you are done with riding as an elite, the only way is down!

that seems a good summary of the implications for vets 30+ spidey. for the other vets 40's will need to be part of a Top Team (see above for criteria) or else they will ride seeded. Vets 50+ etc will all ride seeded. Once you are done with riding as an elite, the only way is down!

Pundit is 40 + (40-49) or 40 + is whether you are 40 or 55 you are a 40+ vet? There are quite a few 50 + vets that are more than capable of racing in the 40+ cat

Once you are done with riding as an elite, the only way is down!

This is the hard facts.....

I don't necessarily have a problem with it.....old ballies should not be classified as "pros".....

That said, I know of A LOT of sponsor that will withdraw and already HAS WITHDRAWN because the DON'T want to sponsor a snotkop racing team but want to advertise their product among the guys that are 'settled in a job'.

And of course sponsoring an Elite team costs MORE.

So these sponsors now revert back to soccer, cricket and rugby. Nice. :blush:

But in essence racing should be amongst the youngsters and they need to develop. I like that idea!! But it will cost NOTHING of CSA to create the "rest" according to ability and not age.....

My mind is made up......Open bunch.....

Edited by Spinnekop

it's not clear so i guess it would make sense that 40+ means anyone over 40 on the team. just a guess though, but it would be logical. i am not sure how much scope there are for sponsored 40+ teams though so i still assume it will exclude a large number who will ride as individuals in the seeded bunches

any news on the 2011 Cycling Calendar??? going to be interesting to see what races are ranked in what cat...

CSA's main drive is to create bigger bunches so that amongst other things our elite riders are used to these conditions when they ride abroad, they are wrecking all the other categories to achieve this, what a load of hog!! CSA should be concentrating on getting our elites to race much longer races, where in the world does a paid pro cyclist do a 100km race? why not concentrate on development cycling and perhaps use that as the avenue to increase bunch sizes.

If you are a vet and manage to or want to put a team together, you'll get eaten alive by the elites who are training so much more than a vet who has a day job so whats the point? it would seem that the new rules are affecting the vets 30-39 category the most and in my opinion is killing the category.

Why do they try re-write the book...... all they need to do is look at what works in the successful cycling nations, and go from there?

Forget age, just go Cat 1,2,3....

Spidey,, from what i can gather, i'm in your boat? 30+ vet, can race at the front, even scratch a top 3 possition now and then , ..... but i dont have team, just club?? so i guess its "open seeded" here we come!!!

Why do they try re-write the book...... all they need to do is look at what works in the successful cycling nations, and go from there?

Forget age, just go Cat 1,2,3....

Spidey,, from what i can gather, i'm in your boat? 30+ vet, can race at the front, even scratch a top 3 possition now and then , ..... but i dont have team, just club?? so i guess its "open seeded" here we come!!!

This was my first year of 30+ racing and I loved it, because we could actually race and compete! Not just hang on to the paid Pro's untill you pop off. The Vets categories were a working system. Why did they need to bugger it up :thumbdown: ?

It would be nice if we actually had people capable of riding a bicycle making the rules

This makes no sense at all

This was my first year of 30+ racing and I loved it, because we could actually race and compete! Not just hang on to the paid Pro's untill you pop off. The Vets categories were a working system. Why did they need to bugger it up :thumbdown: ?

Thats OK....we move to A bunch and go ride the crap out of everything there!!! :D :blink: :clap:

I see the CSA has "the right to change these rules blah blah" every 3 months....so maybe by April we will be back to sense......or more crazyness!!! :rolleyes:

Either way, A bunch is going to be HECTIC in 2011!! :lol: :lol:

Two points i want to make (m2c worth):

1.) If you don't like the changes - vote with your feets/wheels. Do your own racing in A etc. Maybe make your own price giving, pool some money (+-R20 per person) and make your own prices. Form your own club teams and write your race reports on The Hub. And just ignore Cat. 1/2. Just an thought.

2.) My own situation - started cycling 3 to 4 years ago. Performance slowly improved. Train when others sleep. Maybe (big fat maybe) next season i just might be able to join Vets 40+. It would be a great personal achievement for me. But what now? Will i miss out? Is now the racing only for the young pros? (no disrespect to the pros)

Edited by PeterM

Two points i want to make (m2c worth):

1.) If you don't like the changes - vote with your feets/wheels. Do your own racing in A etc. Maybe make your own price giving, pool some money (+-R20 per race) and make your own prices. Form your own club teams and write your race reports on The Hub. And just ignore Cat. 1/2. Just an thought.

Good thought.....But I can't ignore it.

My sponsor used to pay for race entries....with the new rules I don't race Cat 1 cause I can't compete against laaities and getting a team together with payroll etc is stupidly insane!!! So sponsor gone. CSA's shi :cursing: rules costs me $$$ :thumbdown:

2.) My own situation - started cycling 3 to 4 years ago. Performance slowly improved. Train when others sleep. Maybe (big fat maybe) next season i just might be able to join Vets 40+. It would be a great personal achievement for me. But what now? Will i miss out? Is now the racing only for the young pros? (no disrespect to the pros)

Racing = pros. All good. I like it. The rest of us (in essence) are just a bunch of wannebes/has beens. :unsure: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Good luck with the 40+ racing....should be nice to race and have a chance at achieving!! :thumbup: