ANOTHER ATTACK IN MAJIK FOREST

dirtman

Sad to report that another attack and robbery took place in Majik yesterday - see report below.

REPORT FROM WITNESS AT THE SCENE

Yesterday afternoon, between 16H00 and 16H30 (as in the previous attack), I was walking my dogs with a friend and came upon the gentleman who was robbed of his mountain bike after being hit over the head with a pickaxe size piece of wood. He had a few minor cuts, a broken cycling helmet, but was otherwise calm and ok. I'm sure shock must have set in later.

He had called his wife who was waiting for him at the Spar, so we walked down with him. Unfortunately, through the shock of it all, we never asked him his name. However, he is a regular cyclist in the area, and somebody will know who he is. He did say he was going to report the incident to the police.

We are convinced the attack was by the same individual as the previous time. Each time he is seen standing or sitting somewhere watching cyclist going up the hill from the pine trees towards the beacon. On his return on the single track, he was hit over the head with the piece of wood and his bike taken from him.

The attacked in question is young, has an earring, and was seen in the area a few days prior to the first attack a few months ago, obviously scouting the area. He is dressed relatively well, and is definitely not a "bergie"/ vagrant living in the area.

This guy knows what he wants, and carefully calculates the moment of attack (when there are few people around at that moment to give chase). The previous time I predicted that he would be back, and everything about the second attack indicates it is the same person. Having gotten away a second time, I predict he won't take as long before he tries it again.

Edited by dirtman

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Wannabe - set up a few riders with a group waiting below and above them. In that case, we would be able to attack from all over and beat the living daylights out of this individual!the question is...who will take one for the team :)

Its really sad, nowadays when you buy a bike you might as well buy a weapon to go with it. Almost like an acessory to go with the package.

Edited by koukie

I agree Wannabe - set up a few riders with a group waiting below and above them. In that case, we would be able to attack from all over and beat the living daylights out of this individual!the question is...who will take one for the team :)

Think we'll have to draw straws on this one. Biggest problem I see is that nobody would want to be the "bait", as he/she would then miss out on the action afterwards. :D

Where did this precisely happen? I was there around that time.

Between first bridge and bridge with rails there were few kids (boys and their girlfriends).

As I was going down from second bridge towards path around the "lake" I noticed guy in the bushes, he was walking up towards bridge with hand rails. I could only see lower part of the body (hands, pants, shoes) and he was carrying white bag. Black male fairly decently dressed.

I did feel uneasy a bit since I felt he turned around as I was going away.

What do you think was the exit route?

I'm going there now...

Edited by aleksandar

Think we'll have to draw straws on this one. Biggest problem I see is that nobody would want to be the "bait", as he/she would then miss out on the action afterwards. :D

NO STRAWS NEEDED I WILL BE THE BAIT

JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN AND WHERE AND I'M THERE

Good one you guys for making a stand:clap:! Get the mothertrucker good and teach him a very very painfull lesson lesson, eye for an eye time. If I was in Die Stad I would be there for sure. Makes my blood boil to have to read these types of stories.

i'm almost sure this is the hands of a syndicate or some sadistic bike enthusiast who's got some out-of-work-do-anything-for-a-buck chump to steal-kill--n-destroy so he can make a buck on the components on the bikes they steal....cos i'm almost sure u not gonna find a scott / gary fischer / morewood / merida / and the like cruising along in some location or disadvantaged area, it's way too much of a risk and too suspect....there has to be a market for these bikes and comps. Find the head of the snake and cut it off, burn the rest, pulverise the head.

Find the head of the snake and cut it off, burn the rest, pulverise the head.

Yes, didn´t we see this posted on thehub lately?

Won't work. You're too damn BIG. No oke in his right mind would like to take you on (drunk or stoned maybe, but not sober..) :D :P

Edited by Wannabe

thing is, does no one have a helmet cam, so when they out riding, can get some snapshots of the sketchinessess lurking around. Hopefully, that could be the line up the victim could ID, and other hubbers will know upon whom to unleash hell, or dodge. I dunno, i know it's a bit pie in the sky but it's something.

i wonder if the neighborhood watch cant be involved for situations like these, where a riding spot is pretty close to a suburban zone. What I'm thinking of is: if you get jacked, but still have your mobile, or can get to a nearby phone. call the cops who put out an alert to the hood to help spot the bike+jacker. Or friends can send sms/call the hood-watch number directly who then sends out that group alert for everyone to have a look out.

I think it could work here in cape town, as there really only so few directions the sketchy dudes will run or ride off in with your bike. Cops are too wide spread for track and trace, but the perp has to pass some houses on the way.

Dude, no ones going to try their luck with you.