Red Lights

Rebel Taylor

What did I learn from this thread........... most cyclists will go to extreme lengts to justify their blatant acts of breaking the law. Will I ever trust a cyclist...... I do not think so...... If they admit to blatantly breaking the law..... Just think what they will do in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I break the speed limit on my bicycle. Does that mean I rip my clients off?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did I learn from this thread........... most cyclists will go to extreme lengts to justify their blatant acts of breaking the law. Will I ever trust a cyclist...... I do not think so...... If they admit to blatantly breaking the law..... Just think what they will do in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 Although now sureon the busines related issue

Edited by Caerus

If million dollar construction contracts were awarded without a kickback or two I would be sooooooo surprised......

the same cyclists who are adamant that it's fine for them to break the law turn around and complain about the taxis, the 4x4's etc etc who drive in the yellow lane. ffs - in your opinion it's fine to jump the light, in the car drivers' opinion it's fine to drive in the yellow lane. oh, and wtf is wrong with going straight out of a turn only lane if you can see the car at the front is a beat up old car that you know you're going to beat. oh and why should a car bother to stop for a red light either?

clearly juju is not such a freak - he's just an example of the average south african level of logical reasoning

I break the speed limit on my bicycle. Does that mean I rip my clients off?

You know the old saying...... if the shoe fits..... even if you have to cut your heel off...... wear it!!!!!!

If million dollar construction contracts were awarded without a kickback or two I would be sooooooo surprised......

It must be cyclists who are involved!!!!!!! :clap: :lol: :lol: :clap:

I remember now why many of the old timers have left the hub ..... *shakes head* :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

It is no wonder that our country is in the state it is in. Not because of corrupt politicians or incompetent police force, but by the actions of so-called educated people!

So wie het oom omgekoop vir daai multi mil $$ kontrak?

I remember now why many of the old timers have left the hub ..... *shakes head* :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

You are the weakest link............ GOODBYE :thumbdown:

It is no wonder that our country is in the state it is in. Not because of corrupt politicians or incompetent police force, but by the actions of so-called educated people!

Whoah!

I lived in the U.K. for many years, and the average bicycle courier goes through most red light intersections that are clear.

I am not condoning riding through red lights, but you can't blame the state of the country on cyclists going through red traffic lights. :D

Maybe thats why the pound has slumped lately. Darn couriers!!!!! :angry:

So wie het oom omgekoop vir daai multi mil $$ kontrak?

Ek is dalk een van min......'n eerlike fietsryer. Harde werk, goeie tariewe gekombineer met moderne en eerstewereldse standaarde....... Is jy ook een van die min wat oor is of ry jy ook oor rooi robotte ?????????

Edited..... damn iPad spellchecker!!!!!!!

Edited by Big H

Dude..I work as tour guide... believe me the sh*t that happens in other countries makes little old SA seems like a school playground......

The only sh*t thing about our country is the fu**ing violent crime..angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

Me thinks Rebel Taylor hasn't been getting any!

Totally agree with the traffic light issue but calm down dude, gonna give yourself a heart attack. You gotta ask yourself if it's really your problem if a select few cyclists are too arrogant to obey the simplist of rules.

And I would also agree that there are certain situations where (after making sure it is completely safe) it is ok to go through a red light, for example, very early hours of the morning, vehicle triggered lights etc.

It's the silly season for cyclists: 94.7 warriors creeping out everywhere. You're wasting your breath trying to tell them what the rules of the road are. Their one race a year has full road closure.

Same with VCR 90.? race last Sunday at Midvaal. We were gunning it on our way back after the turning point, single file and all. A tanker truck wanted to overtake a group of newbies heading our way. They didn't care one bit to move over.The tanker nearly forced us in the gravel because of these idiots :thumbdown: . I just stay as far away from them as possible. They'll pack away their bikes after Nov and we'll all have peace again.

Edited by Fester