Red Lights

Rebel Taylor

Why is it that certain cyclists do NOT want to stop at red traffic lights? You guys need to catch a wake up and start following the rules of the road. A red light means STOP, not look and if ots safe go through.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some are too good, above the law. And it seems its usually old toppies who ride vets. Saw 2 yesterday on Ontdekkers, rigth across. I'm waiting for the day that one of these lot is gonna get run over by a motorist jumping the light from the side.

Anyway, wanted to tell on this one. Rider comes past me, and get stopped at the robot by Horizon View Shopping Centre. I stop behind him, when the robot changes, he cuts in front of the cars starting to pull away and make a U turn on Ontdekkers. Just hooting and chaos. (shakes head)

Same happened in Sea Point yesterday. We (my DC team) stop at a red light. A chickie in Cycle Lab kit comes past, with no regard for the red light, and carries on riding.

We shouted to her that she should stop at the red light and she just turned around and smiled. As if that is gonna help. She continued doing that for all the red lights as far as I could see her.

Take down my number plate details and report me to your local ward councilor.

so you just want to be a fool on the road all the time!

Edited by Rebel Taylor

Same happened in Sea Point yesterday. We (my DC team) stop at a red light. A chickie in Cycle Lab kit comes past, with no regard for the red light, and carries on riding.

We shouted to her that she should stop at the red light and she just turned around and smiled. As if that is gonna help. She continued doing that for all the red lights as far as I could see her.

Shes just following the training tips.

For people who go through red lights, one day you will get run over, then you will realise your mistake. In JHB its Northern Cycles who are famous for it on Hendrik Potgieter road.

so you just want to be a **** on the road all the time!

sorry a d@@s is useful, he is worth nothing!!

If you are riding early in the morning and there is nobody but you at the lights and they are red, I reckon it is OK to slow down and if it is safe, you can roll through. If there are cars waiting then you should stop. Not the right thing to do but if you are at a set of lights that use a vehicle to change, you are going to be there for a very looooong time ;)

Edit: Oh and ride in single file without blocking the road. We all have a right to be there. Show some respect.

Edited by Grebel

If there is no cars I go through

Always have and always will

Obey the rules or get off the road. YOu give all of us a bad name.

Edited by Rebel Taylor

some are too good, above the law. And it seems its usually old toppies who ride vets. Saw 2 yesterday on Ontdekkers, rigth across. I'm waiting for the day that one of these lot is gonna get run over by a motorist jumping the light from the side.

Anyway, wanted to tell on this one. Rider comes past me, and get stopped at the robot by Horizon View Shopping Centre. I stop behind him, when the robot changes, he cuts in front of the cars starting to pull away and make a U turn on Ontdekkers. Just hooting and chaos. (shakes head)

If somebody gets hit by a car from the side, who is jumping the lights, then the cyclist will be going through the green light!