More drawing pins at the Cradle this morning

GuyP

There were a Lot of puncture repairs today!

I had to cycle an agressive line intowards the road.

Some poor new cyclist had a puncture and was walking on the caves road. I offered to help with a roadside repair (with my puncture repair kit). He said no, had enough, someone was coming to fetch him.

The funny thing about the cradle route, is that maybe there are 5 cars for the whole distance( 6am). Cyclist number must be a good 150 or more this morning (94.7 preparation ride).

The other fact is, the craddle residents do not own the road. Drawing pins show me the level of intelligence of a least one poor sod who does not have clue.

Drivers in the area only get pi$$ed off cause they cant ride in excess of 120km on a 80km/h piece of road.

I liked the idea of that chick with the energades by the road side. Good idea at the circle.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely whoever did it has logged on and read this post and got a huge grin pn his face. Whoever it is does not care whether its a cyclists that obeys the rules or not, they just want cyclists to stay off "their roads".

Its all fun for them till some one has a blow out at speed and gets seriously injured. stupid tossers :angry:

I wonder if the light aeroplane that made the emergency landiing on the Kromdraai road also go over the drawing pins!!!!!!!!

we should try and get a list of those that got punctures today with some evidence, pictures, etc and then go to the police and open the case. I am a cradle resident myself and a cyclist and i am sick and tired of that idiot with the drawing pins. Anyone who had a puncture please email me on joaquin at valverde co za and i will take it up with the head of the police at Mogale. I will also take it up with the residents themselves to show them this ass is having the opposite effect on cyclists and something bad is bound to happen

we did have the right 2 ride today and saw all the people with punctures, likely we didn't get affected.

i want to take this seriously guys so please speak to everybody you know that was affected today and let me know

Most likely whoever did it has logged on and read this post and got a huge grin pn his face. Whoever it is does not care whether its a cyclists that obeys the rules or not, they just want cyclists to stay off "their roads".

That's why I say, get all the cyclist together that was "sabotaged" this morning and go to the SAPS en masse and lay a charge of MITP (even letting air out of a car's tyres is MITP).

If someone had a fall and got injured because of the tacks, it might even constitude Assault (with our very silly and liberal "Human Rights" laws, it could just stick)

What's of additional concern is the number of YOUNG girls cycling SOLO there these days - they can less afford to be stranded on the side of the road (compared to adults) because of some idiot and his very apparent vendetta!

Well, its not a bad idea to lay a charge, it will make you feel like you are doing something positive and having the case on file will give the police a "backround" if it happens again, but, dont expect them to drop all their files and run out en masse to the cradle road and start investigating.

We dont live in Cananda, and, sorry Wanabee, "They dont "HAVE" to investigate, its irritating sure (to cyclists only) but its petty, and the police are not under obligation to waste manpower investigating incidents like this,- filing a charge now is just putting the incident in writing for future referance, IF needed.

Unfortunately, to get the police involved there needs to be "a fairly serious incident" a few punctures wont qualify.

I did notice more than the usual number of punctures but fortunately none of our group suffered any.

I whole heartedly recommend pursuing charges with the local constabulary.

Grumpy, I beg to disagree with you. If enough people lays a complaint, it will basically force SAPS to investigate. With the "crackdown" of the new SAPS management, they don't like cases laying around un-investigated. Bad for their stats. So, yes they will be forced to investigate.

You know Karma is a funny old thing. No one escapes it. Throw a drawing pin in the hope it causes a negative outcome for someone (wrong thought, wrong action) and that must come back again. One puncture for the rider, and maybe a car tyre puncture for the thrower. If no lesson is learned and the person throws more pins, perhaps the next Karmic reaction is a car crash for the thrower. Ans so on and so forth. Stick with the legal response and let Karma take care of the rest.

Ps. The wheels of the universe grind exceedingly slow, but they grind exceedingly fine.

Joaquin - if you know the owners of Brookwood Trout Farm, I suggest you start with them. They have tried to ride a few cyclists off the road before.

Think Brookwood is selling up anyway.

Also be on the lookout for a black X5, Nick White tweeted about having a close shave with one recently. Not sure if it was him or another rider.