Average Joe with an S-Works?

Arkadion

Okay .. saw someone who could pass for a gardener walking in Crowthorne (Near Midrand) with a red S-Works and a white(Fox?) front fork.

I'm suspicious because:-

1) Im pretty sure something like that is WAY out of his pricerange.

2) He was walking (clips?)

3) It was almost dark

4) He was looking around himself nervously

How about do we go checking if it's stolen ? If I phone the police they don't want to know anything unless a serious crime is taking place ?

:)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm concerned you're doing the right thing by posting this sighting on the hub, if it was stolen then the owner has someone to contact, namely you, for more information.

Thanks for taking the time.

I've had that same issue here in Stellenbosch!

Just last week I cycled past a dude going to one of the farms on what looked very much like a DH bike...the fork was really huge and disc rotors etc. etc.

I was going in opposite direction in the far lane and this still troubles me - I should have stopped and turned back and confronted the guy...

Shot :)

We should probably make a sticky post for this kinda thing!

The only thing I could possibly have done at the time I didn't think of was take a photo with my cellphone, so if anyone else encounters a similar situation, start snapping!

Okay .. saw someone who could pass for a gardener walking in Crowthorne (Near Midrand) with a red S-Works and a white(Fox?) front fork.

3) It was almost dark

How about do we go checking if it's stolen ? If I phone the police they don't want to know anything unless a serious crime is taking place ?

Ive had a similar experience seeing a gardener pedalling very awkwardly on a black Merida with a Fox fork right by the Porsche dealership on Witkoppen Road. This was about 2 months back, I still pointed it out to the Mrs but there was nothing we could do, its a difficult situation :angry: I tried to get a better look but we were moving opposite directions.

The fork alone is out of his price range...

I find myself constantly looking, Like yesterday on my way into work - there is suddenly a guy riding a hardtail GT(possibly a avalanche), not there normally but today it was - tomorrow I will stop if I see him.

3) It was almost dark

Is long gone by now do you think? :unsure: I think youve almost got to stop and ask, maybe just enquire about buying it as well?

Edited by Caerus

Is long gone by now do you think? :unsure:

Jah

All I can remember is Blue and white striped shirt (Horizontal), and a cap :P

Edited by Arkadion

I think there may be a guy who either does own one and dresses like a gardener or uses the bosses when the boss is at work, I have come acros a very similar thing a few times in Bryanston drive, first time even turned the car around and ,tried to find him but he was long gone. Posted on here and nobody seemed to have lost it.

Maybe its a cheap chinese import! Cheap knock-off kits for sale on the hub too.

Seriously though - other than being downright rude...is it against the law to ask for someone to prove ownership? Could you be sued for asking? Human rights and all that?

Who or what is an average Joe, I thought I was one of them :unsure:

haha me too, thats why i checked this thread, though maybe he saw me, the fat guy, on my s-works today and was going to rip me!

Maybe its a cheap chinese import! Cheap knock-off kits for sale on the hub too.

Seriously though - other than being downright rude...is it against the law to ask for someone to prove ownership? Could you be sued for asking? Human rights and all that?

Just ask if you can buy it from him/ her/ it/ them(is that all bases covered) first.

3) It was almost dark

I saw someone who may well have been his wife driving a convertible Ferrari at Broadacres :o