Raleigh bashing

Pot Hole

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont want to go into detail, but the summary of this is that I noticed a marked difference between bikes with only factor being different in the frame. Especially during high power sprints and intervals. This is a huge and long debate as to exactly why one would see this difference, but unless one has a detailed understanding of engineering and structural design it would not be more than another discussion that would end with no real outcome for everyone.

All I meant was I tested it and saw results that made me happy I had upgraded to a frame that gave me better results especially in the all to crucial stages of a race.

Hang on.............you cannot compare a 7 year old aluminium Raleigh to your new carbon Soloist. Perhaps if you were to compare the newer carbon Raleighs, you would probably get a different reading

Hang on.............you cannot compare a 7 year old aluminium Raleigh to your new carbon Soloist. Perhaps if you were to compare the newer carbon Raleighs, you would probably get a different reading

Hi Eugene post a photo of your bike please.

Here is a photo of mine. It's a catalouge photo just don't have recent one on my pc.

post-9851-0-87034400-1290432229.jpg

If Raleighs are so bad, how did MTN claim all their victories? Surely they would have been at a disadvantage having such a bad bike. I doubt that a team of their stature would have accepted a sponsorship from a brand that is claimed to be so bad.

Edited by Eugene

Hi Eugene post a photo of your bike please.

Here is a photo of mine. It's a catalouge photo just don't have recent one on my pc.

Why? I'm logging in from my phone, so cannot place a photo. I have a 2007 RC7000 carbon which is due to be swapped for a 2011 Blade 10. I also have a Raleigh Team which will be sold soon?

I lurve my Raleigh and when i get tired of it, I'm sending it to cycle art, won't get rid of my frame :)

I'm think of having mine repainted like in a Look Mondrial scheme as soon as warranty expires. With the lines and sharp edges of the Team frame it will work and look great.

http://modulate.net/random/2010_look_mondrian_586.jpg

I'm think of having mine repainted like in a Look Mondrial scheme as soon as warranty expires. With the lines and sharp edges of the Team frame it will work and look great.

http://modulate.net/random/2010_look_mondrian_586.jpg

Yup will look great. Are you putting the Raleigh name back on?

The black and red team? I will not change from Raleigh. Just interested to see what you are riding.

Yip, that's the one.

Bought my RC 3000 in July 2003. Did about 40 000 km on it and at one stage my seeding was less than 9 using that bike. It developed a small crack on the seatpost and was replaces by Probike without any problems just over two years ago. Payed 1.5 K and upgraded to RC7000 Aloy then. Really enjoyed that bike. Two weeks ago the frame broke at the BB. Once again probike will replace. The loaned my a red and black team carbon frame while I wait for the new frame which I must say is bloody nice. I am currently negotiating to keep the carbon frame.

As far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with a Ralleigh.

You ride what you like, you ride what you can afford and most of all you just ride :) Does it really matter?

Edited by Caerus