Raleigh bashing

Pot Hole

Now i know who you are ....... Mahatma Ghandi!!!!!!!

Without the starvation strike tendencies wink.gif, but he was a great man so hey .. thanks for the compliment ...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frame: Aggressive Y-Type Rear Suspension Frame with Box Tubing

Fork: Telescopic Suspension Fork w/63mm travel

Components: 18-Speed Shimano Gear System

Lightweight Alloy Rims

Linear Braking System

Quick Adjust Seat Lever

Quick Release Front Hub

post-1830-0-35505200-1290438823.jpg

lightweight rims?puh

Love the box section ..... do you think it makes the frame tougher ... you know like the box sections on a Morewood Shova ...

awesome bikes

Frame:Radical Linkage Rear Suspension Frame

Sloping Frame Design for comfortFork:Telescopic Suspension Fork w/63mm travelComponents:Powerful Front Disc-Brake

21-Speed Shimano Gear System

Trigger Type Shifter Levers

Stainless Steel Spokes with Alloy Hubs and Rims

post-1830-0-38254900-1290438550.jpg

Price?????

At the end of the day almost all carbon frames are built in the same factory.So if you ride a Raleigh Team or a Italian bike that is built in China....you all ride the same thing.

I really liked the Raleigh bikes but they seem to be down grading a little for 2011.I wonder if that is to push the Scott brand.

If i can get a Raleigh Ltd new at a good price i will ride it........it will be like riding a very expensive Italian super bike ;)

I've noticed a trend....people don't seem to do it anymore.

*Is it because they are no longer between the legs of the yellow team?

*Is it because the bikes have improved?

*is it because the general public are adjusting to this new sport of Nomad bashing (we can see it's still just a rally bike)?

To be honest I do miss their owners proudly supporting their junkbikes to the end. It seems like they have all bought p@#rb@nds and believe in those working too.

Of course it's a dying art - every time you bash a Raleigh, even figuratively speaking, one breaks somewhere in the world...

guys you know, we are all cyclists and as such we should embrace all makes... Sure we like some more than others...but to crit a guy for riding a raleigh...com on guys...play nice...I ride a scott by the way..

Hang on.............you cannot compare a 7 year old aluminium Raleigh to your new carbon Soloist. Perhaps if you were to compare the newer carbon Raleighs, you would probably get a different reading

I have an idea!!!

Why not put this to rest for once and for all. Let's get Pro Bike to send there frames to the Uber German Pruf Laboratory where all the big boys get their frames tested?

www.efbe.de

They are probably the place who can tell us top or not. In fact, they actually rate the frames:

Standard Performance

High Performance

Top Performance

At the end of the day almost all carbon frames are built in the same factory.So if you ride a Raleigh Team or a Italian bike that is built in China....you all ride the same thing.

I really liked the Raleigh bikes but they seem to be down grading a little for 2011.I wonder if that is to push the Scott brand.

If i can get a Raleigh Ltd new at a good price i will ride it........it will be like riding a very expensive Italian super bike ;)

Absolute nonsense! It is design based not factory based. Citi Golfs and Golf 5 GTI were built in the same factory not even 2 years ago, yet you cannot compare them. In any case, Taiwan is where most of the carbon bikes are made and that is not China.

Yes, just send it too Cycleart and have it resprayed and have it re named "BOTTECHIA"

Email is cheap!

Good point. Jetzt muss ich dann nur die Labor ein email schicken, aber ich habe kein zugang nach der Konto des Probike. Leider!