LED Lenser lights are up there

pedal pusher

Last night I done a ride with a LED Lenser light & I was pretty impressed with its performance even compared to the Majicshine lights.

I have the rechargeable light which charges fully in around 1 hour & after riding for 2 hours last night on full light intensity,there was no sign of battery failure.On full intensity the light puts out a claimed 410 lumens.The quality of the light is also really good & it is covered with a 1 year warranty.I also found that the light fits nicely over the helmet,it is light & it doesnt shake around much even on the hairy downhills.

I think it is the way to go especially if you are not willing to empty your pocket out on a light.

Edited by pedal pusher

Where did you buy it?

Do they sell one that would fit on the bars, since it appears that the one you used was a head-lamp?

Btw - thanks for letting us know... Price has always kept me from going the dark way - if this works, then I've suddenly got options!

Have only heard good things, and solid bang for buck seems to be the verdict.

The led arms race is well and truly here and we're benefitting with prices falling.

Cape union mart (amongst others) stock them.

Plenty of specs here:ledlenser.co.za

#they have bike mounts for the torches R80

#pedal,think you've probably got the H7R,which is 140 lumens(still bright!)

They're quoting 75hours burntime,which is a lot for 3AAA rechargeables(think they're using 1500mAh versions-std is 900)

Whilst they won't compete with the superbright lights, the barriers to entry for safe nightriding are broken down for sure.

Have only heard good things, and solid bang for buck seems to be the verdict.

The led arms race is well and truly here and we're benefitting with prices falling.

Cape union mart (amongst others) stock them.

Plenty of specs here:ledlenser.co.za

#they have bike mounts for the torches R80

#pedal,think you've probably got the H7R,which is 140 lumens(still bright!)

They're quoting 75hours burntime,which is a lot for 3AAA rechargeables(think they're using 1500mAh versions-std is 900)

Whilst they won't compete with the superbright lights, the barriers to entry for safe nightriding are broken down for sure.

frik shebeen man, is there anything you dont know?

They are selling them at Due South,Cape Union Mart & all those kind of shops.Sorry I think I had a lisdexic mistake on the 410 lumens - it is 140 lumens.I dont think there are handlebar mounts available but you can angle the headlight,it comes with a sturdy swivel mechanism.

Gona test it out next weekend at the 24 hour race at Rietvlei

Edited by pedal pusher

Another option is the Led Lenser H14. It can be used as a headlamp or attached to your handle bars (see the attached images). 210 lumens and takes 4xAA's for 13 hours of battery life on the low setting.

post-17481-0-72295700-1290851324.jpg

post-17481-0-82807600-1290851544.jpg

post-17481-0-51769200-1290851615.jpg

Edited by lenser

I have the M7 and there is a handlebar mount for it. Solid and doesn't let go. Cars flash their lights at me if i have it in spot mode instead of flood mode.

All in all cost me less than R450

I have the M7 and there is a handlebar mount for it. Solid and doesn't let go. Cars flash their lights at me if i have it in spot mode instead of flood mode.

All in all cost me less than R450

I have a P7, allright not a bike light, but probably the best Lenser I have ever owned. If theres a way to mount it to my handlebars, then im all for it. I can light up tree tops a block away with it and get 2 hours of a set of charged AAA's...

Lenser rocks.

You should be able to order the bracket from the shop you bought the P7 from. It's the same bracket I use the my M7. It was R70 for the bracket when I bought it 2 weeks ago.

Here's a link to the bracket for the lights been a bit skeptical about these lights but there is so much good comments here that im thinking i must get one when i start doing night rides

http://www.ledlenser.co.za/products/Bike-Mount.html

Looks like these mounts my be able to support other similar torches

I got a surefire P6.Going to buy the mount next week and test it.Only down side is the batteries cost R80 for 2. Which gives you about 7 hours burn time.

Edited by Pyps

You can get a B7 from Cape Union Mart. Price around R495 and this includes the bracket. I have used this for a few night rides and am very impressed. The B7 and P7 seem to be the same light. Around 200 lumens. I can't vouch for battery life just yet but they claim 64 hours.