Bike Workstand

MoreTrails

Hey Hubbers

looking for info, pic's, dimensions, sketches on the back of cigarette boxes or napfins for a bike stand. Keen to have the legs, center post etc made up as I have a clamp. Any info advice would also be welcome.

Shot ou'ens!

MT B)

Just het your woman to help, she can hold the bike in one hand and the beer in the other. :P *hides*

That can only work if you repair the bike in the kitchen. She needs to keep an eye on the food. And anyway, why is her chain long enough to go all the way to the garage?

That can only work if you repair the bike in the kitchen. She needs to keep an eye on the food. And anyway, why is her chain long enough to go all the way to the garage?

She's got to be able to hang up the washing outside as well as pick up the dog cr@p.

Have a look in last months Bicycling mag or last years one :D there is plans for bike stand in there

She's got to be able to hang up the washing outside as well as pick up the dog cr@p.

The rotatable washing line should be right next to the kitchen window for easier reach and you should extend the length of the retractable poop scoop ;)

All valid comments about woman hold bikes, being in the kitchen and of course chains need to be included in that topic. However not entirely the suggestions I was looking for... :rolleyes:

Come on dudes, there must be some technical ideas or pic's out there just to get the idea's flowing? I will search further as recommended by those above as well, going to get in k@k when I get grease all over the kitchen towels though....

What clamp you got?

I have the Park Tools bench / wall mounted item. Standard clamp with brackets to suit....only not enough space on a wall and no workshop for a bench :thumbdown: . So would like to get some foldable tripod-like legs and fix the clamp onto that - just concerned the legs aren't far enough apart to ensure it stays stable... I seem to remember a sketch stating a base diameter of around 750mm

Just don't STEAL anyone's designs... people get into some serious k@k for that around here!! :P

Absolutely not - one could not handle the rath of a Hubber scorned, hell, I have just been able to get away from the rath of the woman from the weekend ****-ups! :blink:

Here is my design, a KISS design. Modify change adapt as you wish. I have built many of these.... cheep and cheerfull. The horzontal part of the gallows can be shorter. Replace the PVC pipe or combine with hi density lagging. I made a chopped version that you attach to your supports of the carport. I made one with legs that attach with bolts to flanges. Never needed to attach bike securely (read long tandem) except when working on BB. Then use ratchet strap..... do not overtighten as you may flatten the tube.

post-24-0-98163200-1291056162.jpg

Edited by Big H

Now this is more like it! Big H - this is actually the sketch I thought of when I posted the thread....thanks for the inspiration!!!

I have also had a good look at the following sites if anyone is interested, thanks to EigerSA for the prod in the right direction:

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Home-Bicycle-Repair-Stand/

http://www.bikehacks.com/bikehacks/2010/03/8-bombproof-diy-bike-repair-stands.html

So hopefully once I can get this stand made up I'll revisit with a couple o'pichers and a sketch or 2....

JB sells a stand that his friend copied from another manufacturer. Just copy anyone!

Then put it in production and sell them for just under R990.