What road tyres

fandacious

My bike came with Continental Ultra 2000's - I've just clocked-up 2050Kms, without a single (touching wood right now) puncture.  Does anyone know how much more I can expect to get out of these tyres before I start to get punctures or before they start to become threadbare?  I'm thinking of getting Michelin (Axial) Carbon's or Continental Ultra Gatorskin's; that's if I can find them when it's time...  I keep my tyres hard (120PSI) all the time and I think that really helps with avoiding punctures.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

koop wat jy kan bekostig, en replace dit sonder om 'n oog te kan knip.... of jou budget op te thunder.

ek het mich pro race op al my wiele, en conti something op die tubbie's.

detanators op jou training wiele as jy nie puncters soek op training rides,

enigiets anders in 'n race, as jy 'n punture kry is jou race verby,

so gaan vir race tires wat jy 11bar kan pomp, dink victorria is 11bar limits,

popeye2007-10-10 02:45:55

I had Conti GP4000 on. The sidewalls don't seem very strong. I had to replace tyres twice due to side wall damage. Now I have Gatorskin and they seem tougher (and cheaper to replace).

I had Conti GP4000 on. The sidewalls don't seem very strong. I had to replace tyres twice due to side wall damage. Now I have Gatorskin and they seem tougher (and cheaper to replace).

That's always been a problem just as with the "old" Conti Grand Prix. Me and many freinds have swopped and never experienced that problem with the gator's.

also puncture protection is much better.

I use GP4000Thumbs%20Up for racing and Gator skins for training.Pros of the GP4000 is its weight, but get one big cut and it will cost you R400 to replace.

I can vouch for the Gator Skins durability aswell as Spesch All Condition Armadillo (which I think are even more durable).

I commuted into London for 3 winters straight using the Armadillos with one puncture (old umbrella shaft went right through)

Conti Ultra Sports!!! R125 a tyre at CWC. i only ride them now' date=' bought 4pairs.[/quote']

serious?

terrible piece of equipment!

never bought the tyres in SA.

Only use the "wire-version" because they sit tighter on the rim, the sidewalls appear stronger and that's what matters to me.

When you go for the gator's weight isn't your main concern anyways.

You can pick up gatorskins at cajees for R 175 per tyre, problem with coloured tyres are that they are more puncture prone and does not last as long

Easy Peasy!