What road tyres

fandacious

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to ride GP4000's awesome tyre, but wear was a bit much swapped to

vredenstein fortezza tripcomps, goes up to 12bar, recently went over to the vredenstein fortezza superlights, have yet to get a puncture with them, love these tyres....

The only reason you haven't been getting flats in CT is because the thorns have been dormant during winter. Give it another month and then wait for the bitching. Nothing is dubbeltjie resistant beside a permatube!!!

Used to ride GP4000's awesome tyre' date=' but wear was a bit much swapped to

vredenstein fortezza tripcomps, goes up to 12bar, recently went over to the vredenstein fortezza superlights, have yet to get a puncture with them, love these tyres....

[/quote']

Yeah, but you can't go round corners now can you Wink

Used to ride GP4000's awesome tyre' date=' but wear was a bit much swapped to

[/quote']

Yeah, but you can't go round corners now can you Wink

But a course is just a bunch of straights linked upto each other ;)

Nah rule...just make sure you don't pump front tyre waaay harder than back.

Gatorskins if you want the milage.  For racing and weight, the Vredesteins or GP4000.  I've had VERY bad service from Attack/Force tyres so won't go near them.

whats the weight diff between gatorskins and gp4000?

i had a gatorskin on the scale this morning. foldable = 220g, wire beading = 300g

This is kinda a semi hijack. WHere can I find a pump that pumps my tubbies to 12bar. All the ruddy pumps only go to a max of10 and are incredibly difficult to use

This is kinda a semi hijack. WHere can I find a pump that pumps my tubbies to 12bar. All the ruddy pumps only go to a max of10 and are incredibly difficult to use

Parktool floorpump

I have been using Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps for racing, training and commuting for about 4 years now.  Durability, feel and puncture resistance per experience is the best I have had.  Never ridden a good Conti tyre, but have ridden a few bad ones - enough to put me off the brand forever.