Tubes or Tubeless

dirtrider

Did a search but could not find ANYthing on the topic .

Which would be better ?

only if you are a newbie !

cant believe there is still a debate on this :blink:

and i think your search went wrong there are many threats, make sure you click "forums" when you search

Edited by Tjokkits

Tubeless is generally considered the best upgrade you can do for your bike - especially when racing. Beware though, you need tubeless tyres, tubeless compatable rims, regular goo insertions (gross!), backup plans for sidewall slash, and tubeless generally weigh more. That being said, tubeless resists punctures way better than a slimed tube.

Which would be better ?

haha, brilliant topic :) tell us more

Beware though, you need tubeless tyres, tubeless compatable rims,

Why,i run Conti Mountain Kings on my tubeless and Ghetto tubeless wheels and they are not UST.

Have no problems with either.

Which would be better ?

Ag no man, did you have to go and do this now?

NO CONTEST! Tubeless. UST for better sidewall protection, but if it's not a rough technical course, any tire will work as long as you do a tubeless conversion. I cannot believe people STILL MTB without this conversion, it's insane! I have not had a puncture since March on my tubeless setup which includes 3 stage races and 6 one day races. Convert today, at ANY cost, it's so worth it.

I rode with tubes on my hard tail until mid this year when i did a conversion to tubeless.

In my opinion, and i say this with confidence that this is the single best Rand value improvement you can make to your bike.

Once you have settled on the tyre pressures which best suit you, you will very quickly feel the improvement particularly in traction and rolling resistance.

I'm stating the obvious here but make sure that the "conversion" is done properly, any money paid for same is well worth it!