[Event] GP Koning Waterproofing And Roofing Roller Coaster

Events Bot

You sure about that? I see Andre du Toit (andydude) won D-E and he is pretty capable of doing that time.

Don't worry guys - I already emailed them to say I started in A-C! I was late over the timing mats, but did start with A-C. Thanks for your faith in me Luke ;) I dropped on 1st Ou Kaaps, then chased with 6 other guys and caught the bunch again just before 2nd Ou Kaaps. Dropped again! Thereafter tried to finish strongly. It was a great day to ride a bicycle in Cape Town!

That Christo guy that did in in 2h was flying :clap:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Luke,

There was 1 guy that got away on Oukaap at the start and I'm not sure if we got him again so maybe it was Andre (maybe check with him) Otherwise the rest of the top 7 rode A-C and I'm almost 99.9% sure of that!!

Also, what I dont understand, if guys like Andre are so damn strong why are they riding with D-E?? Surely he should be riding with A-C???

Did he have a Red Saxo Bank kit on? If so it was Dennis Cary, and you only reeled him in within the last five kay's.

He also told me of the A-C guys going over the mats with the D-E group, but then going forward and starting with the A-C group.

Hey Luke,

There was 1 guy that got away on Oukaap at the start and I'm not sure if we got him again so maybe it was Andre (maybe check with him) Otherwise the rest of the top 7 rode A-C and I'm almost 99.9% sure of that!!

Also, what I dont understand, if guys like Andre are so damn strong why are they riding with D-E?? Surely he should be riding with A-C???

Jip, that was me. I won the D-E group with 02:32:24. Sorry guys, I had to say that because when I saw the incorrect results this morning it was not the greatest start to a day!

Nice new bike Andyman!

I was in front of D-E bunch the whole race. There WAS one guy that got away up 1st ou kaps who I THINK started in our group. Otherwise everyone else who was ahead of the main bunch who crossed the line in 2h38.00 jumped the start intentionally or unintentionally.

Jip, that was me. I won the D-E group with 02:32:24. Sorry guys, I had to say that because when I saw the incorrect results this morning it was not the greatest start to a day!

Nice new bike Andyman!

Thanks PDR! And well done on the strong race! Die resultate sal hopelik more reg wees dan het jy jou 1ste :clap:

And to Hawk - I don't think and I know that I'm not that "damn strong" so take it easy with the aggressive comments so early on a Monday morning? I was late due to a late nature's call and human queues! The results will be fixed soon enough.

You can cycle in this beautiful city - what's more awesome than that :D

I was in front of D-E bunch the whole race. There WAS one guy that got away up 1st ou kaps who I THINK started in our group. Otherwise everyone else who was ahead of the main bunch who crossed the line in 2h38.00 jumped the start intentionally or unintentionally.

Still me! I did start in D-E and I did get away at Ou Kaapse. :) That is why I was so upset with the incorrect results. :(

Thanks PDR! And well done on the strong race! Die resultate sal hopelik more reg wees dan het jy jou 1ste :clap:

And to Hawk - I don't think and I know that I'm not that "damn strong" so take it easy with the aggressive comments so early on a Monday morning? I was late due to a late nature's call and human queues! The results will be fixed soon enough.

You can cycle in this beautiful city - what's more awesome than that :D

Dude, not agro at all, just asking questions! I guess guys can start in any group they wish if their seeding allows them. Have a great monday Everyone!

PDR = Paul-Dean Rorich? He is also cycling for Brother Sports :)

I woke up Sunday morning with some light foodpoisoning so my Sunday was spend somewhere else than a bike... :(

Nothing like arriving at a race and then, 3 minutes before the start, realising you don't have your timing chip ...

Damn! Guys must have been flying! I thought my time was pretty reasonable until I saw the winning time. That said, it looks like I came in 6th of my group at around 3:20. Riding 6-speed with the 14-19 cluster, bwahahaha!

Whats up with the TDML riders on racetec now? 1:32 with ave of 57.06 I was already impressed by the Christo Geyer 2:00

Is this a mistake or should we be using the 1:32 to work out our seeding :o

Dude, not agro at all, just asking questions! I guess guys can start in any group they wish if their seeding allows them. Have a great monday Everyone!

:unsure: i think Hawk was just asking a question, don't think he was trying to be "fiesty" in any way... :huh:

Still me! I did start in D-E and I did get away at Ou Kaapse. :) That is why I was so upset with the incorrect results. :(

Great race DPR!! STRONG!! Did u manage to hook up with a small group at the top of Oukaap or did u TT the whole route alone?

:unsure: i think Hawk was just asking a question, don't think he was trying to be "fiesty" in any way... :huh:

Hahahaaha, Marius these guys are touchy on a Monday morning :D and I thought I was racing against tough guys :lol:

Whats up with the TDML riders on racetec now? 1:32 with ave of 57.06 I was already impressed by the Christo Geyer 2:00

Is this a mistake or should we be using the 1:32 to work out our seeding :o

What's more impressive is the tandem with only one rider...

Congrats to you all you speed demons! I'm getting more and more despondent as skinny guys, young girls and assorted other mountain goats come flying past on the uphills... I'm so jealous. And then they just sit in my massive, vortex-like slipstream on the flats and downhills.Buggers :)

Oh, well, on to next week!

Great race DPR!! STRONG!! Did u manage to hook up with a small group at the top of Oukaap or did u TT the whole route alone?

Nooo! I'm a bit light (in the legs) to TT. Formed a small bunch and went all the way until Old Kaapse again. Dropped them there and went over. Down the other side "Schnelleke" (big, strong guy) must have flown, cause he caught up with me and we finished the last 7km together. Thanks Schnelleke, great race!