Royal Mail and CRC

capeofstorms

I shave the same issue as you do COS, I emailed then after 10 working days. the reply was the following:

Hi There,

Please accept our apologies that you have not received your parcel. It has been sent on 09/12/10 with Royal Mail International who are normally a fast and reliable service but unfortunately delays can sometimes occur. Please note this service can no longer be tracked online as we no longer receive shipping references.

If you are not home for delivery, your postman would leave your parcel with either a neighbour or at your local post / sorting office to await collection, they may have forgotten to leave a calling card to advise you of this. Please can you check with both of these places for your parcel.

If none of these results in you receiving your parcel please allow 20 full working days (Monday to Friday) from the date of posting and then contact us to let us know that the parcel has still not arrived, and that your local sorting / post office has confirmed that they are not holding the parcel for you. At this point we will be able to convey this message back to and take the matter further with Royal Mail.

Once again please accept our apologies for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Please note Royal Mail International is not a tracked service.

Please allow extra time due to adverse weather conditions we are experiencing across Europe.

Kind Regards,

Melissa

Hi

Coming Friday will be 20 working days. Got a similar email. Was yours shipped to your postal address? If so does one have to get some sort of evidence from your postmaster to say the item wasn't received.

Lesoon learnt....never use Royal Mail again!!!

Melissa C Sales Support Team

Tel: +44(0)28 9334 5504 Fax: +44(0)2893349461 Ext: 428

Email: CustomerService@chainreactioncycles.com

Chain Reaction Cycles Ltd. Kilbride Rd Doagh Ballyclare BT39 0QA United Kingdom The World's Largest Online BikeStore

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have learnt my lesson, next time I will pay the extra fees, to have a registered parcel from CRC think it's 5-10 pounds. not a lot of money! but worth it knowing where my stuff is!

Just remember that quite a few days were lost due to the snow. And then it's xmas postage which is always a problem. Plus SA postal service at skeleton staff this time of the year. So I would giver it a 20-25 working days to get delivered. Sometimes it will actually go faster getting the stuff if you ask them to only send it in the new year. So instead of taking 30 days from the 15th of Dec it only takes 10 days from then 1st of Jan.

Just remember that quite a few days were lost due to the snow. And then it's xmas postage which is always a problem. Plus SA postal service at skeleton staff this time of the year. So I would giver it a 20-25 working days to get delivered. Sometimes it will actually go faster getting the stuff if you ask them to only send it in the new year. So instead of taking 30 days from the 15th of Dec it only takes 10 days from then 1st of Jan.

That is what Michelle from CRC said to me in the email she sent me! Wait 20 working days. plus i have to keep in mind that they had the weather delays.

Hi,

Just to pick up on this topic again. Has ANYONE recieved their items from CRC via Royal Mail in the past month or so.

It appears that items via Royal Mail seems to go missing and is not the best shipping option to choose. Perhaps the chaps doing the sorting, reckon that because there is no tracking on these items, it is easier to make them dissapear

I ordered something in September last year, did not receive anything for a month but kept contact with the guys at CRC. They eventually replaced my package and send it with the tracking option with no extra cost....and i received it in a week. They ask that I send back the other package if it does ever show up, but it never did.

SO NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM CRC WITHOUT TRACKING. Its worth it spending the extra R100.They should actually scrap that option to SA.

Yes I have. Ordered from CRC on 2 Des, got the little PO slip only yesterday. The local PO received the parcel on 21 Des, so the delay is with your local PO, NOT CRC. Remember, everyone is / was on leave.

In my experience of ordering stuff from overseas, it normally hits SA in very few days - the nail biting part is then waiting to see if it makes it's way out of the SA Postal service.

I have once called SAPO to find out what happened to a missing letter, expecting it to be a waste of time and they asked for some details and then said 'no, it's here at the post office if you want to collect it.' Why it couldn't make it from the post office to my door wasn't explained, and I was so relieved, I didn't ask.

Royal Mail is amazingly efficient, I am willing to bet the issue arises in SA... Postal deliveries anywhere in the UK hardly ever takes more than 36 hours.

Oh, and on one order I made from CRC, after I hadn't received my goods for 3 weeks or so, I dropped them a mail to ask what was up. I got a reply "Hang on, just let us check" "Oops, sorry about that, dunno what happened" and I got it 10 days or so later.

My parcel was posted (with Parcelforce) on the 3rd January, hopefully should arrive either later this week or early next week.

Resurrecting this thread once again....

Parcel "lost" using Royal Mail.....probably in SA. CRC replaced the article, no questions asked and this time posted via Parcel Force.

Awesome service. Looking forward to my next purchase at end of Jan...and this time using courier services (avoiding SA post office!)

My parcel was posted (with Parcelforce) on the 3rd January, hopefully should arrive either later this week or early next week.

And arrived at the International Mail Centre at OR Tambo this morning !!

crc and royal mail does not work folks. i have waited up to 8 weeks. before you order from CRC try CWC first. this morning on a order of R3000 for components CWC where cheaper than CRC. :thumbup:

The weather and xmas postage got screwed up big time. Even my Amazon UK order through Take2 got delayed by 12 days. But atleast I got free shipping.